Author Topic: FlexSeal  (Read 3963 times)

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
FlexSeal
« on: June 26, 2021, 05:14:05 PM »
Has anyone tried using this for a bit more traction or grip.  I just got a new board and instead of extending/adding more traction pads, i thought about just spraying this from the end of the traction pad to the rails.  Wanted a bit more grip when i push off the board and also for duck diving.  Supposedly it dries to a rubber like feel.

thoughts?

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FlexSeal
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »
A local guy used it on the rails of his prone board thinking it would work well for added grip to the rails, and some edge protection during transport. He said it did neither when I inquired about using it as a deck pad on StandinDan's new sup.

He said it became slippery when wet, and that it's already peeling off on some areas of the rails just from sliding it in and out of his car. Gave it negative reviews all the way around...for foil board application anyway.

PS. StandinDan said you we're slaying it out there on your new Kings board today! Congrats bud, sounds like you got exactly what you were looking for 🙌🏽🤜🏽🤛🏽👍🏽😁
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 06:42:18 PM »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 10:28:53 PM »
I really like the cork Hexatraction from RSPro. Looks great, with excellent traction and feel.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »
thanks guys for the feedback.  I bought a can to try to do a lazy man fix for sprinkler and thought that it may work for an alternative to a traction pad.  Hopefully it will have fixed my sprinkler issue.

Califoilia: thanks.  yea i lucked into a few fun ones yesterday.  Amazing dropping some volume really increased the overall performance and control.  Not a new revelation but great to actually feel it.

TD;  do you think that spray may be too abrasive for the hands to be pushing off of or grip?

PB: i like the cork look and feel but wanted something that i could put on the rails too.  Guess i can always just put some wax there too like my surfboards.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »

TD;  do you think that spray may be too abrasive for the hands to be pushing off of or grip?

It's not abrasive if done as a light / mist coat. I think you have to really coat it to get a harsh feel. It's much more subtle than Monster Paint. Like I said, it's on most my boards from the deck pad to the nose or tail. It works great and doesn't change the look of the board. Just try a small area. Hold the can back a ways from the surface to just mist it. I just mask off a line and extend paper masking about 6" out.  Give it a quick coat / mist. Let it dry and see how it feels. If I want more grip, I light spray /mist it again.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 02:08:00 PM »
I really like the cork Hexatraction from RSPro. Looks great, with excellent traction and feel.

That looks great, Bill!  Do you think it can replace deck pads?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 02:58:28 PM »
Easily, at a fraction of the weight. My next wing board will have no pad.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 05:39:24 PM »

will you use all cork ?

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 10:05:36 PM »

Sold--I'm in!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal