Author Topic: Bumper Season Swell  (Read 3756 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Bumper Season Swell
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:39:57 PM »
Right up to around now is the end of our "Bumper Season" here at the "Jersey Shore" as we are know by. Once June is over and July and August get going we'll be WAY crowded and working hard. Been busy cookin' at a seafood restaurant two blocks from my house and cuttin' lawns. Haven't done an edit in forever. Used Windows 10 Photo program and it synchs the photos to the music. I added titles, motion, and effects. Was super lucky to surf this morning.
Stay stoked, Zoners!

https://youtu.be/K8BdH6TRFJM
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper Season Swell
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 10:27:59 PM »
What a very chill and relaxing edit. Very nice. 
Beautiful day. Looked like you had it all to yourself.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 10:46:51 PM »
Nice Cookie. I haven't had time to do any videos either. Busy working, finishing our COVID backyard makeover, surfin and mountain biking. My son just graduated HS and will be off to college in the Fall. Soon to be officially empty nesters.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 07:34:12 AM »
Nice edits Marc! 

As godfather to the red ripper, it's good to see it in action.

I got out a couple times this week (just 30 miles north of you - at Asbury).  Yesterday morning, our local dolphin-gang were crashing schools of bait fish just outside the lineup, clearly enjoying their tasty bunker as we were enjoying our small but clean (tasty) waves.   After a year (or more) of ghost town living, coupled with pent-up demand for the beach, we will see more crowds than ever for sure.  I just try to embrace the crowds (the bennies), remembering that they are critical to our $42b Jersey Shore tourism economy. 

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »
Nice Marc!  Good for you.

Small but fun waves all week here in Long Branch, I get in the water at around 5:20am have had it mostly solo.  A little bump due this weekend.  Water is warming up.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 07:56:36 PM »
Nice to hear from you regs here on The Zone! Where Da Creek?

Looked like you had it all to yourself.
Just me and waves! You posted comment soon after I posted my vid. It was late here like 12:30 AM. Musta been like 6:30 over there in FR!

Soon to be officially empty nesters.
Nice! My son moved out a coupla yrs ago. He's 30 now!

As godfather to the red ripper, it's good to see it in action.
I just try to embrace the crowds (the bennies), remembering that they are critical to our $42b Jersey Shore tourism economy. 

Thank you, Godfather. The Red Ripper is the only board I ever owned that had the nose break off twice!
I too try and embrace the "Bennies", or as I usually call them "Tourists". I'm sure you're aware of the proposed wind farm that is being pushed through. Can't see that helping tourism, or the enviro! Muy muy malo!

I get in the water at around 5:20am have had it mostly solo.
WOW! Bit too early for me!

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 05:11:59 AM »
Hmm, sorry Marc I don’t want to get off the topic.  But I don’t get how the wind farm will deter tourists or is bad for the environment?  From what I heard the turbines will look like tiny specks on the horizon. And how is clean energy bad for the environment?  Disturbing migratory birds? That was a concern I heard about.
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 05:25:41 AM »

I too try and embrace the "Bennies", or as I usually call them "Tourists". I'm sure you're aware of the proposed wind farm that is being pushed through.

Yes, not a “big fan” of wind turbines😁. My heart sank when I first saw them outlining the West Maui mountain scape.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
I don’t get how the wind farm will deter tourists or is bad for the environment?  From what I heard the turbines will look like tiny specks on the horizon. And how is clean energy bad for the environment?  Disturbing migratory birds?
I've been following this issue for months now and am against offshore wind farms. You will have to do the research and decide for yourself. There are many factors which influenced my decision. Harming marine like including fish, whales, dolphin, and birds are a big concern. Our governor is not concerned with any of this it seems. There are a myriad of other issues also. There's a facebook group I follow that is opposed. If you're on fb check it out or get someone you know who is on there to show you. In the meantime here are some links to keep you busy and up to speed.

https://www.change.org/p/governor-phil-murphy-save-our-jerseyshore-stop-the-industrial-wind-farms-off-the-coast-of-nj?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=1daec590-77d3-11eb-9d45-e934f7fe9068

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saveourshorelinenj

https://ocnjdaily.com/ocean-city-real-danger-losing-home-rule-rights-state/?fbclid=IwAR1ZnRjAl7C37ctdLKmouimFZISQ6nq0vFUcx6mRDHXQ0R8pdlqk-pV_v7U

https://www.change.org/p/governor-phil-murphy-save-our-jerseyshore-stop-the-industrial-wind-farms-off-the-coast-of-nj/u/29228808?cs_tk=Ak8hUiWF2aC_Ak0_12AAAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvOyeRofxXRErdnkOfRNIZsQ%3D&utm_campaign=6e5af9378a6e47faaed7caae1f75def9&utm_content=initial_v0_5_0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Not a “big fan” of wind turbines😁. My heart sank when I first saw them outlining the West Maui mountain scape.
They are definitely an eyesore and from what I've read so far they have a pretty large environmental footprint from production to installation, to remediation.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 09:08:08 AM by surfercook »

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 10:24:52 PM »
Looked like you had it all to yourself.
Just me and waves! You posted comment soon after I posted my vid. It was late here like 12:30 AM. Musta been like 6:30 over there in FR!
[/quote]

Yup. Live and die by the tide.  For my spot the low tide commands and this week that’s early.

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 04:34:30 AM »
I don’t get how the wind farm will deter tourists or is bad for the environment?  From what I heard the turbines will look like tiny specks on the horizon. And how is clean energy bad for the environment?  Disturbing migratory birds?
I've been following this issue for months now and am against offshore wind farms. You will have to do the research and decide for yourself. There are many factors which influenced my decision. Harming marine like including fish, whales, dolphin, and birds are a big concern. Our governor is not concerned with any of this it seems. There are a myriad of other issues also. There's a facebook group I follow that is opposed. If you're on fb check it out or get someone you know who is on there to show you. In the meantime here are some links to keep you busy and up to speed.

https://www.change.org/p/governor-phil-murphy-save-our-jerseyshore-stop-the-industrial-wind-farms-off-the-coast-of-nj?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=1daec590-77d3-11eb-9d45-e934f7fe9068

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saveourshorelinenj

https://ocnjdaily.com/ocean-city-real-danger-losing-home-rule-rights-state/?fbclid=IwAR1ZnRjAl7C37ctdLKmouimFZISQ6nq0vFUcx6mRDHXQ0R8pdlqk-pV_v7U

https://www.change.org/p/governor-phil-murphy-save-our-jerseyshore-stop-the-industrial-wind-farms-off-the-coast-of-nj/u/29228808?cs_tk=Ak8hUiWF2aC_Ak0_12AAAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvOyeRofxXRErdnkOfRNIZsQ%3D&utm_campaign=6e5af9378a6e47faaed7caae1f75def9&utm_content=initial_v0_5_0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Not a “big fan” of wind turbines😁. My heart sank when I first saw them outlining the West Maui mountain scape.
They are definitely an eyesore and from what I've read so far they have a pretty large environmental footprint from production to installation, to remediation.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing that informative information.  I know I was concerned years ago when they were trying to drill for natural gas off the coast of NJ.  There was big opposition by Surfrider foundation, COA, etc.  Unfortunately, what you shared shows what appears to be better options may not be so.
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

supthecreek

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
Good to see your smiling face Cookieman!
You have great waves within walking distance, which is always awesome  :)

You asked
"Nice to hear from you regs here on The Zone! Where Da Creek?"

We had a run of waves for somewhere around 4 weeks, with only a few "recovery" days mixed in.
So much video to edit and so tired that I didn't get online much.
I finally figured out how to get SoloShot3 to follow me, so way more footage than in the past  :D

Now I am building a deck for my daughters wedding present.
Being a kind of technical build, I spend all my online time studying construction options.
Not being a builder makes the project just that much more fun and I always love research!
Being 73 means, I move slow at all the digging and carrying heavy Ground Contact Gold (I mean lumber)

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM