Author Topic: Takuma TK series boards  (Read 4542 times)

matanshapira

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Takuma TK series boards
« on: June 06, 2021, 08:36:01 AM »
Looks like a great board but it's really narrow and thick comparing to rest of the boards out there. Any feedback/advice would be appreciated.

https://takuma.com/en/boards/191-board-tk65-140-carbon.html

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Takuma TK series boards
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
For a wing board maybe, but not a size in the lineup that I personally would pick to sup foil on.

They're either too long for the volume I'd have to bump up to to get it to float (~99-104L is where I want to be), or too narrow and not enough liters for the length I'd want to sup foil on (the 5'0 to 5'4).

The deck, outline, rails, and strap insert placement all look really nice...but just way too much going on along the underside that's simply unnecessary at best, actually hampers performance at the worst IMO.

Construction looks pretty solid (from the little knowledge I have in that regard), but seems like it might be a tad on the heavy side (couldn't find weights listed which also leads me to believe that as well).

That all said, if there's a sup size in there that fits you, and the price is right...I think it could work very nicely for you. 👍🏽
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:02:06 AM by Califoilia »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

matanshapira

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 01:04:11 PM »
wow, thx
how does it compare to the Naish Hover Wing in your opinion? The naish is much wider

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 11:29:35 PM »
A couple months ago, I was able to ride a friend's 2019 Naish Hover 95 (5'8x27.5"x95L), and have to say that it was a really fun board.

Yes, it is under the volume that I had mentioned previously as being comfortable with, but since they went 27.5" wide and thinner vs the Takuma's 25.8" and thicker to get the same volume...it was quite stable, paddled surprisingly well, and floated me much better than I thought 95L would at my 185 lbs.

With a less contoured/concaved bottom than the Takuma, and the way they distributed the foam, it felt as though it was more around the 100L boards I've paddled, and caught waves easier than I expected.

Now it didn't paddle, glide, or catch waves as well as my similarly sized (5.7x28x102L) King's custom (now backup) board does...but for a production board, the Naish Hover is a really nice board, and another friend has the Hover 110 (5'10x29x110L) that he sups really well, and says he loves as his wing foil board.

Only negative, and it's just a minor one...it's noticeably heavier than my custom of the same size. But I wouldn't at all say that that's a deal-breaker, just sharing all of my thoughts of how the boards compare to my personal preferences.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:32:18 PM by Califoilia »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

matanshapira

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
Thanks a lot, you help me every time 🙃
I asked around and the 95L was reported to weigh 6Kg
So I'm surprised that it's heavier then your custom, unless your custom is 5Kg.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 03:52:51 PM »
Thanks a lot, you help me every time 🙃
I asked around and the 95L was reported to weigh 6Kg
So I'm surprised that it's heavier then your custom, unless your custom is 5Kg.
It's 11.25 lbs, or 5.1kg from the online converter. But like I mentioned, the couple pounds more for the Hover would definitely not be a dealbreaker....it's a nice board all the way around if you find one in the size you're looking for.

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
I'm interested in jumping down in length/volume too. I'm on the JL Flying-V 6'5" and I love it but I know I can go smaller. No issues with stability even in a ton of chop and current. I've debated the 5'11" but the Naish at 95L and these Takuma's are interesting too. Anyone else dropping down in size/volume for strictly SUP (I'm not winging, still kiting).
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

Transplant

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 07:59:50 AM »
I have the Naish Carbon ultra at  95 liter - I'm 190 pounds, and its pretty stable to SUP on. A bit slow to accelerate under paddle, but not bad, great once its on foil. Feels less swing than I thought...

My deck cracked under the front foot after 2 months, for no reason that I know of and Naish denied it was a warranty issue. Minor repair, but not what I would have expected from a top brand - but other than that its a fun board.

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 08:18:05 AM »
I have the Naish Carbon ultra at  95 liter - I'm 190 pounds, and its pretty stable to SUP on. A bit slow to accelerate under paddle, but not bad, great once its on foil. Feels less swing than I thought...

My deck cracked under the front foot after 2 months, for no reason that I know of and Naish denied it was a warranty issue. Minor repair, but not what I would have expected from a top brand - but other than that its a fun board.

I tried it, and I'm not sure if it was the one I was on or what, but it was basically the same weight as my JL at 115L. That was my main reasoning for going down, less swing weight. Factor in the weight along with less glide and it really wasn't worth it. Holding out for a 5'11" JL, I still want it to be fairly comfortable to paddle long distances on (out to inlets).
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

matanshapira

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 02:50:10 AM »
my friend's takuma SUP foil track got loose, takuma won't repond to his email. cost him $350 to repair it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal