Author Topic: 3 days in Tofino  (Read 2573 times)

miker

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
3 days in Tofino
« on: June 04, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »
My brother and I (and his on and off common law) went to Tofino for three days for some SUP surf action this week.  We got in a couple of sessions a day at various beaches.  It was pretty typical Tofino action - primary swell would be great on it's own, but there were at least two secondaries that occasionally would come at almost 40 degree angles to each other and things would get weird.  Some chop on the middle day (Wed) added to that.  Despite the not entirely ideal conditions, everyone caught a ton of waves and great fun was had by all.  At times we were getting a wave every few minutes.  As a bonus (at least for us) the travel restrictions in BC meant that the campgrounds were half empty and the beaches weren't crowded.  At one point on Chesterman beach I had the whole beach to myself for an hour - just at the point when the swells got themselves sorted out and made things more fun.  I'm just going to sit on that feeling as it won't happen there again for a while I'm sure.

Next on my wish list for the surf gods is the whole beach to myself and perfect swells in a few spots I know in Mexico.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: 3 days in Tofino
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 08:15:20 PM »
Nice! Solid trip. Always wanted to visit Tofino.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 05:39:03 AM »
Stoked to hear about your adventures miker, thanks for posting them!

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 05:47:19 PM »
At one point on Chesterman beach I had the whole beach to myself for an hour - just at the point when the swells got themselves sorted out and made things more fun.  I'm just going to sit on that feeling as it won't happen there again for a while I'm sure.

That is teh magic sometime of a dawn patrol surf on a week day. When it happens, time stops....
Hope to get back soon in the fall.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal