Author Topic: NEW NSI Wing Ding(Free) Spreader Bar  (Read 3928 times)

NSIteam

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
NEW NSI Wing Ding(Free) Spreader Bar
« on: June 04, 2021, 12:57:17 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know we have a new product out looking to fix the need for a ding free spreader bar on a kite/windsurf harness. Uses 2" webbing, metal hooks and our updated 2" Wing Ding(Free) Hook. Made some improvements to the shape and edge/slot radiusing. Made fully in Hood River, hook machining and sewing. 3 lengths - 8", 10" and 12". Choose the longest that will fit with your harness in order to slide it to the side further. Also folds over if you don't want to deal with sliding it when paddling/popping up. Should be easy to see if it will work with your harness or not, anything with ratchets or cam locks may need some ingenuity. Will stop that metal spreader bar from beating the #@*% out of your board!

What do you guys think?

Lots more info and pics on the site:
https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=570&idcategory=375

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: NEW NSI Wing Ding(Free) Spreader Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
Looks great. The stainless loops would be perfect for the minimal harness as well. I really hate plastic loops. I know they can be reliable, but I just don't trust them for anything critical.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

NSIteam

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 06:02:07 PM »
Gotcha, we'll have another look at that when things cool down around here. We were trying to keep it simple and retain the ability to slide the hook and not the whole harness around your body, which we would probably lose with hooks. The hook folds over so that might be good enough for some. Still seeing what everyone likes/values and will take it into consideration for V2. I haven't seen anyone else offering a spreader bar setup for Wing Foil that doesn't destroy your board, but soon enough I am sure haha

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 08:29:52 PM »
Gotcha, we'll have another look at that when things cool down around here. We were trying to keep it simple and retain the ability to slide the hook and not the whole harness around your body, which we would probably lose with hooks. The hook folds over so that might be good enough for some. Still seeing what everyone likes/values and will take it into consideration for V2. I haven't seen anyone else offering a spreader bar setup for Wing Foil that doesn't destroy your board, but soon enough I am sure haha

It's not a spreader bar, but the Da Kine Maniac hook is what I've been using with the hook opened a bit, It's easy to push it to the side if I want it out of the way, and I haven't damaged a board with it when I don't. I think your hooks will be better but haven't taken the time to come by and get one. I've got the new waist belt from Blue Planet with the reel--I know you made the hooks for them with a 2" slot. Do you have those at the shop or do I need to order them from blue planet. I could just print one up, or cut one out of Delrin, but I have too many projects under way.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Solent Foiler

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »
What do I think???

Ordered one!

Great ideas guys. Keep them coming!
I'm 5'10", 66kg riding:
Swift Foil Boards custom 4'10 x 19.5" 35L
Gong Lethal 4'6 65L
Axis ART 799, 899, 1099, HPS 880 US & CS Adv fuse, 85cm mast
Gong Fluid L-S, XXL-S on 85cm and 65cm mast
Takuma RS 5.1, 4.3, 3.5

NSIteam

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 02:53:51 PM »
Thanks Solent, hope you enjoy it!

Ha didn't know you were local PonoBill. We've had a few people bring by the Maniac and said pretty much the same thing. Good idea to bend it out a bit, that's been a common problem as well for standard spreader bars, getting into a situation where you can't unhook. We are selling the 2in hooks on their own now. You can come by and grab one, just check our store hours and maybe give a call first. https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=571&idcategory=376

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 05:22:28 PM »
Hi all, just wanted to let everyone know we have a new product out looking to fix the need for a ding free spreader bar on a kite/windsurf harness. Uses 2" webbing, metal hooks and our updated 2" Wing Ding(Free) Hook. Made some improvements to the shape and edge/slot radiusing. Made fully in Hood River, hook machining and sewing. 3 lengths - 8", 10" and 12". Choose the longest that will fit with your harness in order to slide it to the side further. Also folds over if you don't want to deal with sliding it when paddling/popping up. Should be easy to see if it will work with your harness or not, anything with ratchets or cam locks may need some ingenuity. Will stop that metal spreader bar from beating the #@*% out of your board!

What do you guys think?

Lots more info and pics on the site:
https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=570&idcategory=375

This looks great for wingers wanting to use a kite harness with "clips". I prefer to wear a simple 2" belt-style harness (seat belt material) and can just push the NSI hook to the side where I need it. I used the Maniac hook but I MUCH PREFER THE NSI hook because I like the way it folds over and how it grabs and releases the harness line. Congratulations and thanks to NSI for these products for winging.
5'6 Quatro Wingdrifter Pro 105L; Cabrinha Mantis 3.1m, 4m, 5m and 6m; Axis 1000 (1150, 1020); Project Cedrus 91 cm carbon mast (68 cm fuse, 440/5000 rear); 9'6" CRUZ Surf foil SUP (152L); Chinook Thrust 92 Paddle -- fixed 78" length; 'prone' longboards on the rack, kites in the garage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal