Author Topic: Central Oregon  (Read 3834 times)

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Central Oregon
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:39:18 AM »
Hi all,

Me and the wife will be in Oregon the 3rd week of July.  It’s a long shot but anyone in the central coast area have a spare SUP to rent/lend for a few days?

Momentum surf company no longer rents SUPs, I’m waiting to hear back from pura vida surf shop.

Thanks,

Ken
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Central Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 12:35:51 PM »
Try Ossies’s Surf Shop (Newport adjacent : )

They used to rent SUPs but I think have reduced that business. Still they might have one or ask the staff if they have any ideas.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 12:51:56 PM »
Thanks DP I’ll ask.   Pura vida only rents SUPs for flat water.
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »
And if your road to the coast takes you through Portland (and back) you could talk to Gorge Performance.  They've toned down the rental business too, but you could probably make some sort of arrangements with them. Good rental surf sups have been a casualty of the popularity decline... Actually it's weird, we're on the downward curve of sup surfing, but knee deep in inflatables.   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 02:06:19 PM by Dusk Patrol »
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »
We’ll be traveling from Eugene to the coast.  Thanks for the info.
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 01:24:31 PM »
And if your road to the coast takes you through Portland (and back) you could talk to Gorge Performance.  They've toned down the rental business too, but you could probably make some sort of arrangements with them. Good rental surf sups have been a casualty of the popularity decline... Actually it's weird, we're on the downward curve of sup surfing, but knee deep in inflatables.   

Yes Im sure Bob from Gorge performance can hook u up with a decent surf sup if you pass through pdx.  We have a decent hard core group of sup surfers based out of the pdx "valley"   .  Hit us up on our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/893218017915074 .  I have only one out my 3 surf sups thats functional without needing repairs but willing to help if Bob cant .   James

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »

Yes Im sure Bob from Gorge performance can hook u up with a decent surf sup if you pass through pdx.  We have a decent hard core group of sup surfers based out of the pdx "valley"   .  Hit us up on our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/893218017915074 .  I have only one out my 3 surf sups thats functional without needing repairs but willing to help if Bob cant .   James
Hey James,  thanks but we’ll be flying into Eugene, my sister-in-law lives there so visiting her for a couple days before venturing to the coast.  I did request to join the FB group.  Thanks again.
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »
Awesome trip Ken-

I had a buddy that supped in LA that just moved to Eugene but sold his sups.  Knew there was a reason for him to keep them! Could have probably hooked you up!

Hope all is well!  PS- got 4 miles the last 2 days in a row in your NSP! Been loving working out on it.

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 04:38:53 AM »
Awesome trip Ken-

I had a buddy that supped in LA that just moved to Eugene but sold his sups.  Knew there was a reason for him to keep them! Could have probably hooked you up!

Hope all is well!  PS- got 4 miles the last 2 days in a row in your NSP! Been loving working out on it.
Hey Mike,

Glad your using and enjoying the NSP, I actually miss it.  I’ve been mixing up sup surfing with prone which has been fun.  I can’t believe how much I felt like a beginner after not prone surfing for many years.  Be well!
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal