Author Topic: Stand Up RSS Feeds  (Read 9391 times)

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Up RSS Feeds
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
Cool stuff Michael,

I, like you, spend a good deal of time thinking about how different types of users use the internet and what their online experience is.  Same from the business end. 

If you do find some current stats, I think that would be a very cool piece of info (maybe even a nice mag article).  As with all cool new technology, there is a critical uptake period.  I think the hesitancy that both users and businesses may have is, is it worth my time yet?  Who can I get good info from?  Who can I reach?  The answers may be mixed depending on the users or type of business.

From a site stats side of things, metrics can seperate out feed readers by user IP (although most analysis programs don't do it stock), so it would not need to be user reported (I completely agree that many RSS users will not know that they are using feeds or RSS by those names).

Very cool stuff!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:52:10 AM by Rand »

bagus

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:55 AM »
Nice module on Netvibes.  Any chance you can export an opml file so I can import into my RSS reader?

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »
Andy,

Just like in field of dream if you build it they will come - when you post, i have you pegged into my reader and when you post worthwhile content I will be on your site.

The better your post the more interest that we will all have.  When Cammar posts on http://mauisurfreport.blogspot.com/ I don't miss it.

---

This is how to use RSS - It is not a one time deal with GongSup - they create and share daily

http://www.gongsup.com/spip.php?page=news&lang=fr
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:05:29 PM by MichaelF »

jayr

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »
Thankfully I have found this thread...I have been visiting standuppaddlesurf.net since SUP caught my interest and your RSS modules would add to my daily digest.  Thanks for sharing MichaelF 

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 12:24:53 AM »
Jayr,

Since you mention StandUpPaddleSurf.net - Evan has been on fire the last month with his blogging, videos and interviews.  Great content and every post is worthy of reading.   Thanks Evan.

I was At the September www.sdwaterman.com event in La Jolla with John Ashley from paddlesurf.net and it was a parade of fellow Stand up surfers thanking him for his blog this summer.  John had gotten busy during the first part of September and there was a chorus of "John, when is your next post coming".  To roughly quote John, "I just started this blog to have fun with this summer, had no idea now much I would get into it and how passionate the readers would get"

I think we are going to give Evan the edge during September and Summer '07 to John.

Keep em coming

updated the feeds

http://www.netvibes.com/subscribe.php?preconfig=070cf7833bbce0c2dc1498d3707fb36d
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:36:17 AM by MichaelF »

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 07:04:39 AM »
MichaelF! You're a cruel puppet master pitting Evan and I against each other!

Evan don't buy it- remember, "United we stand..." let's go old school, union style on these guys and don't post ANYTHING until they meet our demands! Although, I'm not sure what those are yet...

See you in the water MF!

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
MichaelF! You're a cruel puppet master pitting Evan and I against each other!

Evan don't buy it- remember, "United we stand..." let's go old school, union style on these guys and don't post ANYTHING until they meet our demands! Although, I'm not sure what those are yet...

John to quote paddlesurf.net this morning - It's a sickness. I think we are all on the same trip with you. 

If you guys keep up with Paddlesurf.net and Standuppaddlesurf.net you may well become the Imelda Marcos of stand up paddlers and Evan will get the most boards ridden/ Tommy Lee Award.

John remember it took imelda years to get here, you are only one year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1173911.stm

http://www.paddlesurf.net/2007/09/update-contact-info-for-custom-board.html

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 01:39:12 PM by MichaelF »

StandUpPaddleSurf.net

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 01:42:09 AM »
MichaelF - Pretty funny.  I'd like to be the Imelda of SUP but will settle for Tommy.

I hope to get on some new boards soon. 

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine now has RSS.
www.supsurfmag.com
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal