Author Topic: Infinity New Deal  (Read 2943 times)

Dan_GiddyUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Infinity New Deal
« on: June 01, 2021, 09:06:58 AM »
10’x27”x122 liter Carbon New Deal
17lbs. 4oz.
Like new. Railsaver pro/hexatraction

https://infinity-sup.com/collections/sup-surf/products/the-new-deal-1?variant=31209499328623

$1,500
I'm in Colorado. Happy to ship.

thx

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 09:20:26 AM by Dan_GiddyUP »
Infinity Blurr 8' 2"
Infinity New Deal 9' 0"
Donald Brink Asym 9' 0"

River:
Hala Milligram 6' 11"
Badfish River Surfer 6' 11"

Flatwater:
Starboard Allstar Airline 14' x 26"

surlygringo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity New Deal/guy does not own that board
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 10:20:38 AM »
Just so you guys know. Dan_GiddyUp does not own that Infinity New Deal. I do. That photo and the copy were taken from a craigslist ad I posted in Denver a couple of days ago. I know from a kayaking friend in the Bay Area that there have been scams where people list kayaks, get a buyer and then steal them. I am not saying that Dan is going to steal my board, but at a minimum he does seem to be planning to sell it to one of you  before buying it from me. That may not be illegal, but it is really not cool. Again, he does not own this board and I would be careful about anything he posts for sale in the future.

Dan_GiddyUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity New Deal
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
No scam... You have it listed for a really good price in CO and I wanted to see if I could sell it higher elsewhere if I was willing to deal with the headache of packing/shipping before I committed to buying it from you. I realized after looking more closely at the dims of your board that it's not wildly different than the 9 x 28 I have already so I wasn't interested in keeping it and buying another board bag that would fit it.

I fully appreciate you're not in love with the idea. That said, no scam. Just seeing if I could turn it into a little profit while also giving somebody else a good price.

thx

Infinity Blurr 8' 2"
Infinity New Deal 9' 0"
Donald Brink Asym 9' 0"

River:
Hala Milligram 6' 11"
Badfish River Surfer 6' 11"

Flatwater:
Starboard Allstar Airline 14' x 26"

surlygringo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 11:18:39 AM »
Look, I get not being sure what a board is worth. Many people on this forum write in asking other members if they should buy a board on CL for a certain price. That is fine. Assuming  risk by buying ia board and then turning around and selling it is even okay. You are getting paid for having assumed the risk. But, advertising and arranging to sell someone a board you don’t own is fraud. You need to take that ad down until you actually own that board.

SUS4Life

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 02:58:57 PM »
I agree, its a used board with unknown condition that you can't verify.  Since you don't own the board, how do you know there isn't any damage on it and how can you claim its like new.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »
funny to think you wouldn't get caught.  It's not like there are all that many of us SUP weirdos out there ...  ie.  small world.

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 07:30:15 PM »
You are arbitraging that board, for at best, a couple of 100 bucks. Get a fucking job, loser.
New England Is My Playground

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 08:48:17 PM »
Wow, great case of "screw your buddies". Guess you've not been around these parts too long...or completely missing the point if you have.

Because guys here share the stoke, and simply list a good deal they find elsewhere that they can't use, don't want to travel for, or for whatever reason(s).

But they sure as hell don't try to make money off their fellow sup enthusiasts, who might have fallen for the scam if "surly" wasn't a member here, or hadn't said anything because wanted to sell the board to whomever, or whatever.

Karma bro, karma...smh. ::) :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:50:09 PM by Califoilia »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 05:26:13 AM »
seemed laughably overpriced to me -- it's clear why, now

best you crawl back in your hole

your sleazy cheesebag no-value-add middleman scam is no good here

smh
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity New Deal/guy does not own that board
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 07:01:57 AM »
...there have been scams where people list kayaks, get a buyer and then steal them...

Diabolical... 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal