Author Topic: White sharks - Cape Cod - NY Times  (Read 2505 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
White sharks - Cape Cod - NY Times
« on: November 01, 2021, 09:55:33 AM »
This is Rick's backyard ...and the podcast gives a nice overview what he bravely paddles into.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/podcasts/the-daily/cape-cod-sharks.html

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: White sharks - Cape Cod - NY Times
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »
Great description of Mr Big getting tagged at 27:10

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:59:09 PM »
Thanks for the link Wettie... I have only had time to listen to some of it.... I have been too busy surfing with them this week.
It is really well written and delivered... and very spot on.

I was out with Arthur Medici that day. I didn't know him but it was a beautiful, pure glass surf day. Everyone was enjoying the summer like conditions with lots of friends.
I left 15 minutes before Arthur was killed. Many of our friends were there, and for that I am very sad.... it changed a lot of lives.
Arthur's family came to the Cape for a paddle out that the local surf community put together.... no one knew Arthur, but hundreds of surfers and paddlers came to the beach and held an amazing ceremony and paddle out. The family and Issac were able to get some comfort when they met and felt the love the surf community share with each other. It helped his family to understand why he would surf in these waters.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 07:19:55 AM »
Ya, it keeps going Rick...  I rather like long-form reporting they do on weekends, but this one is a little stretched. 

' Sad it happened, but I'm glad you were not there to see it.  I would imagine it would be like seeing a kid run over by a bus - the image would never leave you.  Stay safe.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
everyone's mellower on the West coast

https://youtu.be/T25XY_RhGmY

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 09:10:49 AM »
everyone's mellower on the West coast
All good up to the last few shots of the board-less folks...who are the ones around our SoCal parts who seem to get nibbled on as "maybe seal?" test bite candidates.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal