Author Topic: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula  (Read 74880 times)

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
« on: May 28, 2021, 08:01:28 PM »
was fortunate enough to try out the pre-production Ocean Rodeo Allulla Glide today. Buckle up kids, this wing was so much better in everyway than anything I've tried(Naish, Duotone(*3), ozone, NSP, Takuma, Konrad, etc) it's almost a different animal. Massive wind range, incredible power, balance and responsiveness. Take my Money!

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:17 AM »
Yeah, not into winging (yet), but I kite OR kites, have the 12m Aluula Roam. It's simply better at everything, as it should be to be honest.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

supfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 08:34:34 PM »
Hey Vancouver foiler, are you being bias?  I know OR is a big deal up that way, just want to make sure you don’t work or ride for them....

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 11:14:48 PM »
Nope, I know the crew for sure but I'm not employed, sponsored or directed in anyway to throw that review up. I I currently use takuma 3 wingride, ozone and Konrad wings. I generally use Neos to kite but do have an Allula Roam. I'm still a bit shocked at how far into next levelness that the full Allula wing was. When I get one, it will prob be the 5m...and a 4m...lol

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 11:30:23 PM »
I can't wait, just looking at the leading edge tells me what I need to know.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 02:58:22 AM »
I want one ,or two :)
What holds me back is that they are not yet using aluula based cloth instead of the ripstop.But they are tempting for sure.

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 09:16:45 AM »
I have a full quiver of Aluula kites and they are the best kites I've ever flown by far, can't imaging the OR Aluula wings not being the same as their kites!!

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »
I want one ,or two :)
What holds me back is that they are not yet using aluula based cloth instead of the ripstop.But they are tempting for sure.

This was full Allula. Apparently A-series available in August.

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »

??
You mean full aluula leading edge&boom?.
I am talking about the canopy material,they were developing a RipStop aluula-based replacement but it is not on this wings yet AFAIK.
And they have already tried aluula based bladders on kites,apparently lighter and stronger too.
In time the whole thing will be aluula tech.

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 11:09:11 AM »
Quote from: Dontsink

[/quote

??
You mean full aluula leading edge&boom?.
I am talking about the canopy material,they were developing a RipStop aluula-based replacement but it is not on this wings yet AFAIK.
And they have already tried aluula based bladders on kites,apparently lighter and stronger too.
In time the whole thing will be aluula tech.

Oh right, i should clairify- It was full Allula airframe and I think(?) bladder. The canopy itself was ripstop, still just stupid light. 
I suspect if your waiting on full Allula-canopy and airframe wing it may be a while and like...5(?) k if scaled up. That is just a guess based on the orientation of the leaves on the third tree on the right in our backyard.

I did manage to get out on the Hybrid Allula wing as well, (production version) and the handling and engineering on it is outstanding. This is with the Allula boom. If i remember correctly, we were able to pump the boom to a very high psi(12?).
Also quite light.

SUPladomi

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 12:55:47 PM »
Here is the distinction between constructions.

GLIDE A-SERIES The entire Wing is 50% lighter than competing Dacron framed Wings! The airframe tear resistance is 2x stronger than Dacron!

DESIGN OVERVIEW The A-Series Glide is already many years ahead of the status quo in the fledgling sport of Wing Surfng. The entire airframe is built with revolutionary ALUULA composite assembled using the very latest in composite seam technology. The combination of the ALUULA composites and new seaming technology delivers an ultra light and stiff airframe that can handle higher PSI than Darcon air frames. This combination is undoubtedly the future of Wing construction.

THE AIRFRAME Built entirely of ultralight and super strong ALUULA 82gsm composite material. The leading edge and boom are 50% lighter and up to 50% stiffer than traditional Dacron airframe wings. The new composite technology combined with higher inflation pressure delivers the most responsive wing on the market. All maneuvers become easier with the A Series Glide Wing. Focus your attention on the water and this wing will be exactly where you want it, when you want it. No wrestling with the wing on transitions! This is truly next level wing performance!

GLIDE HL-SERIES The entire Wing is 20% lighter than competing Dacron framed Wings! The airframe boom is stronger and stiffer while also 50% lighter than Dacron booms!

DESIGN OVERVIEW The Hybrid Light (HL) Glide is the perfect first wing that will take you right up to launching in your first prolonged wave drifts and high speed airs. The airframe is a blend of revolutionary ALUULA composite and Dacron, while the canopy features time tested and proven blends of polyester rip stops.

THE AIRFRAME The HL Glide boom is built with an ultra light and strong ALUULA 82gsm composite material boom. The boom is 50% lighter than a Dacron boom and can withstand higher inflation pressure. This ultra light and stiff boom delivers instantaneous sheeting control, while stabilizing the canopy in gusts, keeping the air foil in its designed shape. When dropping your back hand and surfing or making transitions, the ultralight trailing edge of the HL Glide Wing will stay flying longer than an entirely Dacron framed wing; delivering longer wave glides and making all wing handling maneuvers easier. The leading edge is made with a rugged 160gsm Dacron. Both the ALUULA boom and Dacron leading edge use time tested and proven PU bladders

SUPladomi

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »

Curious as to why that is holding you back?

As VF said that would be a very expensive wing!

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2021, 01:40:23 PM »

Because Ripstop is a necessary evil for wing use, it bags out pretty quick.Ok for kites but  wings live a harder life.
Right now there is no lightweight ,stronger alternative.
As for the price, as Aluula production and use ramp up  price will not rise as you predict (or so i am hoping :)  ).
Ocean Rodeo plans to sell Aluula to other manufacturers, from the interview with one of the CEO/founders of OR i think the problem right now is a very limited supply.

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »
Interesting and disturbing (😀 given the prices). Better wing range on both ends?

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »

Because Ripstop is a necessary evil for wing use, it bags out pretty quick.Ok for kites but  wings live a harder life.
Right now there is no lightweight ,stronger alternative.
As for the price, as Aluula production and use ramp up  price will not rise as you predict (or so i am hoping :)  ).
Ocean Rodeo plans to sell Aluula to other manufacturers, from the interview with one of the CEO/founders of OR i think the problem right now is a very limited supply.

Like i said, prediction based upon basically no real knowledge..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal