Author Topic: We should all be Dave Kalama...  (Read 7304 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: We should all be Dave Kalama...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 08:06:08 AM »
Sam, that episode was FULL of info. And the best part was how much was counter to what we all think. The weight thing was interesting to me (I ride a heavy ass foil lol) Robert from Blue Planet has said the same.

So much we don’t know and Fedora, total fan boy here too.

SUS4Life

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 10:08:22 AM »
Sam the Surfer, you are one crazy dude. Just finish listening to your interview with Eric and watch some of your chair foiling videos. Learn a lot, like the dipping the foil before hitting the jump.  Can't believe you did all that and hope you will go back for another interview. 

Sam the Surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2021, 09:02:16 PM »
SUS- you are too kind!! I love foiling and miss the adrenaline from cranking out 60 plus frame rolls!! 😁

I do believe that we will see some of the learning from the sit down on foil boards... if I were to guess. 😉

Kudos for you if you made it through the whole podcast!!

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »
Ben - I haven't kept up with sit-down-foiling.  Have the latest design developments in foil surfing, wake foiling, wing foiling, etc made their way back to the sit-down world?

Sam the Surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 07:40:41 AM »
Great question! I do not think the sit down foils have reversed the technology. Laird and Rush were using sit down foils for big wave foiling 20 years ago!

Wingingtanuki

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »
I assume your comment is about Cowperson, but mine is https://www.ponostyle.com/ There's nothing much relevant on it and the last real post was a biscuit recipe last February, but subscribe away.

Well the last couple of hours flew by looking at Maseratis and Biscuits (you never mention flour to cream ratios!)
Not very productive of me.
If the cowboy posts the address to their blog as well, I won't get any work done this week.

Then again, who am I kidding - I'm going to PR tomorrow for work, but I think there's going to be wind in the afternoons.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2021, 05:39:03 PM »
There isn't one. Add enough cream to form a dough that isn't too sticky. Turn it out on a floured counter. Pat it to the thickness you want (about half an inch) and cut with a good biscuit cutter (sharpish edge) to get the best rise. If you want scones, add an egg and a little sugar.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal