Author Topic: Most theft proof rack  (Read 1744 times)

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Most theft proof rack
« on: May 08, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »
I am thinking of adding a thrifty proof rack to. My gladiator.  I have the steel cable locking straps already   But thinking of something even more resistant  some thing a steel. Bar and  padlock on top of the cables.    Anyone. Done this or know of something like it?
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Most theft proof rack
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 11:36:34 PM »
I put 1/8” cable loops through my leash plug. That allows me to lock my board. That and steel core straps should be enough to make anyone move on.

I’d think that no matter what super duty steel thing you make it won’t fit the next ocean craft you start riding.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 04:37:30 AM »
Take a look at https://lockrackus.com/ many advantages other than theft proof.
in progress...

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:59:23 AM »
Take a look at https://lockrackus.com/ many advantages other than theft proof.
+1 for these. I don't personally own them, but several friends have them, and they look really nice, secure, and also quick and easy to use.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »
Those look great. And trust me, South Africans know how to lock stuff up. They have lock/security stores in their malls that look like Apple stores. Super weird.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal