Author Topic: Surfing Quotes  (Read 5131 times)

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Surfing Quotes
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »
At every beach there is a pack of locals, mostly older guys. All of them with vans. Some moderately employed, some moderately retired. They love to stand on the bluff, car park, trail head, or pier entrance and drink coffee. Stand close enough and you can hear these same quotes from LaJolla to Tofino:

"Can't believe the number of kooks in the water today" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"If the tide was right this would be a good day to go out" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"There's so many groms in the water its not even worth going out today" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Can't believe how many fuckin' pansies show up when the weather is warm, where were you when it was 38 degrees and raining?" Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Look at this kook, trying to go right on a left" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Wind is going to pick up in 20 minutes or I would be out there"  - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Didn't even put on my suit Saturday it was a zoo" -  Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Doesn't anyone work anymore?" Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"This pier/jetty used to break perfectly until (insert agency) built the (insert object), mother fuckers." Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

Never hear this stuff in Hawaii, the old guys all actually surf there.

Priceless! (Old guy with arms crossed laughing !)
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 08:15:30 AM »
First rule of surfing: when there's surf - surf
Second rule of surfing: never leave surf to find surf

And, for some of us,
Don't leave parking to get better parking.
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 08:27:08 PM »
At every beach there is a pack of locals, mostly older guys. All of them with vans. Some moderately employed, some moderately retired. They love to stand on the bluff, car park, trail head, or pier entrance and drink coffee. Stand close enough and you can hear these same quotes from LaJolla to Tofino:

"Can't believe the number of kooks in the water today" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"If the tide was right this would be a good day to go out" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"There's so many groms in the water its not even worth going out today" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Can't believe how many fuckin' pansies show up when the weather is warm, where were you when it was 38 degrees and raining?" Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Look at this kook, trying to go right on a left" - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Wind is going to pick up in 20 minutes or I would be out there"  - Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Didn't even put on my suit Saturday it was a zoo" -  Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"Doesn't anyone work anymore?" Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

"This pier/jetty used to break perfectly until (insert agency) built the (insert object), mother fuckers." Old guys with arms crossed on the bluff

Never hear this stuff in Hawaii, the old guys all actually surf there.

Great stuff. That goes double these pandemic days when all the geezers who stopped surfing 20 years ago drag out their logs with glassed-on fins to go stand around on the beach and bitch about all the wavestorms.

Oregon has a particularly verbose bunch, who whine about everything without ever actually getting wet. There's no point to it Hawaii, where pretty much everyone who can, still surfs, and does it better than I ever did. Grandmas surf better than me--or any of the talkers on the beach.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal