Author Topic: Anyone know the coastline near Ensenada Baja Mexico?  (Read 3030 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Anyone know the coastline near Ensenada Baja Mexico?
« on: April 08, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »
I may end up travelling there semi-frequently over the next few years for some manufacturing happening in town there.  If there is anyone here who knows the coastline and wave spots there - I would love to pick your brain.  Happy to do it privately if you want to send me a PM, or we can discuss here.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone know the coastline near Ensenada Baja Mexico?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:53:07 PM »
I used to go there a lot in my teens and 20's. Probably the closest decent break to Ensenada is San Miguel. It's a camp ground. Watch yourself, your car is an easy target near town. My friend has a house at K-55. It's a right point break. Water can get really dirty. K-38 is fun. Popotla is good too. We kept a trailer at Popotla when I was a kid. Fond memories of old Baja. Good luck.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SurfKiteSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:48 PM »
get this book

digger71

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:15 AM »
Was just down there with some friends visiting Valle de Guadalupe so didn't get to surf, but...

San Miguel just north of Ensenada looks like it can get very good!  Wind was up pretty early most days, but the last day we were there it was head high+. and the rights looked like they went forever.  No stand ups out so not sure about the vibe but wasn't very crowded on a monday morning.

Make sure you have Sentri for your vehicle - the border was a disaster for those that didn't have it

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
I've spent many days surfing and windsurfing there. I'll message you my phone and can give you some info

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal