Author Topic: Quatro Carve Pro - 8'2"  (Read 3618 times)

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Quatro Carve Pro - 8'2"
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the new board two weeks ago and promptly got out for a week of surfing on the Oregon coast. I've been surfing for a year now, and learned primarily on a blend element 9'8" 147l. I'm 190lbs.

Tested the new board in small conditions and I must say, I'm extremely stoked. The 8'2" is at 120l and felt like a pretty aggressive step down for me. Undoubtedly harder to just stand on, but after a day that started to pass. I was shocked that my wave count stayed plenty high, even when the waves got extra small. Paddling in was a breeze and I loved the boards reaction on the wave. Waist high was extremely fun while knee high was still fun to get out and goof around on.

I did struggle when the wind picked up, but fortunately I kitesurf so it's not a session ender for me. I expect after another week or two in the surf I'll be feeling extremely confident on it.

I'll try to write up a more legit review later this year, but wanted to share the stoke on the new board and offer to answer any questions if anyone else is looking at this board.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quatro Carve Pro - 8'2"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
Stoker! Sounds like it was time to move down in volume. Yes the wind will wear you down on a smaller board, but the fun you're going to have out weighs any negatives. Share some pictures. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »
Stoker, it seems to suit you! And in slop chop you have a beef wan!
My personal experience was to paddle my shortest board everywhere..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:11:50 AM »
Here's a few pics! Hoping for some more good surf trips soon so I can get some action shots.

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 08:14:38 AM »
I'll also say, I was always a little weak catching waves on my backside. I'm guessing the lower volume of this board has changed that dramatically. I went from feeling tippy/out of place catching lefts with the big board, to confidently paddling in on the new smaller board pretty much immediately!

Again, crazy stoked!

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 06:05:19 PM »
Hey B-nut, nice post!
Great move down, that's awesome!

You are at a Guild factor of 1.4, which is a pretty good place to be.
* * Guild factor is board volume divided by your weight in kgs (86kg)  120 / 86 = 1.39

I look forward to your action shots..... yewwwwww!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal