Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to google places that rent surf SUPs  (Read 3135 times)

ilmsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Any suggestions on how to google places that rent surf SUPs
« on: March 24, 2021, 01:57:23 PM »
We need a new term because the moment you google SUP, Standup or anything resembling that you end up with a shitload of places that will rent you touring SUPs.  And now there is iSUPs taking up space.  I want to paddle a lot of different surf SUPs under a variety of conditions but man is it difficult to find the places that rent performance surf SUPs.  I do find them on occasion in tourist destinations throughout the world known for surfing but on the east coast it seems SUP renting is only for flat water touring.  Anyone know of places in Florida or NC. 

Topwater

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions on how to google places that rent surf SUPs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:35:17 PM »
Epic Boardsports in Cocoa Beach had surf rentals the last time I was there, which just prior to Covid.

Ocean Air Sports in Avon, NC has some they rent (rented a Fanatic Stylemaster 115L in February)

ilmsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »
Epic Boardsports in Cocoa Beach had surf rentals the last time I was there, which just prior to Covid.

Ocean Air Sports in Avon, NC has some they rent (rented a Fanatic Stylemaster 115L in February)

Thank you!

sflinux

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:38:41 AM »
I would think that shops that offer lessons, also rent.
Quiver Shaped by: Joe Blair, Blane Chambers, Jimmy Lewis, Kirk McGinty, and Bob Pearson.
Me: 200#, 6'2"

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 10:53:36 AM »

There's a site/platform called Awayco that shops can use to operate their rental business. I found it when I rented boards from Infinity's Dana Point shop. Though they don't use it anymore.

https://www.awayco.com/products
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

ilmsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 09:08:24 AM »
I would think that shops that offer lessons, also rent.

Yes but it is usually flat water particularly when they are offering lessons.  They want the highest volume boards out there.

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 09:22:31 AM »
We need a new term because the moment you google SUP, Standup or anything resembling that you end up with a shitload of places that will rent you touring SUPs.  And now there is iSUPs taking up space.  I want to paddle a lot of different surf SUPs under a variety of conditions but man is it difficult to find the places that rent performance surf SUPs.  I do find them on occasion in tourist destinations throughout the world known for surfing but on the east coast it seems SUP renting is only for flat water touring.  Anyone know of places in Florida or NC.

searching "surf sup rentals" seems to work pretty well.
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal