Author Topic: 7-9 Asymetrical SUP  (Read 2059 times)

dpmaui

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
7-9 Asymetrical SUP
« on: February 12, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »
I made a 8-6 asymetrical sup for demo and got some positive feedbacks and it got sold right away it was for goofy footers and so I made a 7-9 x 29 asy for regular footers, that will be ready for demo next week. I really love my 9-3 asy and am a believer now, the cutbacks are insane! Here some pics of the 8-6 x 30
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:08:35 AM by dpmaui »

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 7-9 Asymetrical SUP
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:10:23 PM »
I think Asym's make too much sense. Specially on customs. I would love to try one some day. I figure backside would be so much easier. Never thought about the cutbacks.... Your boards look great!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

StarboardSUPMan

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 04:50:35 PM »
That looks amazing!  I would love to try an asym one day.  Can you go into the theory behind it a bit?  I take it you have the the sharper rail on your toe side and the rounder one on your heel side?  The fin placement is interesting too, how do you take that into consideration?  I would love to know how the rail to rail transition looks if you have any pics or videos of it on a wave.  Awesome board!

dpmaui

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »
The theory being you can apply more pressure on your toes than you can off your heels, so the board is actually a little shorter on the backhand side, with softer more forgiving outline and rails. The fins are set relative to the distance from the tail, the frontside is a swallow tail, and where it meets the stringer it starts the round pin on the backside rail. The backhand side fins are a little closer together, a cluster effect. Everyone who's tried it has been blown away at how much fun it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal