Author Topic: Been away for 5 years  (Read 5245 times)

Takeo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Takeo Gyotaku - "Fish Prints With Aloha"
    • Email
Re: Been away for 5 years
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 12:31:58 AM »
This thread is full of aloha and life! Welcome back, Takeo. Cool user name. Backstory?
I always loved being on this forum, much more aloha than other forums like the fishing ones, too much ego and secrecy.

My middle name is Takeo, take is bamboo in Japanese so parents chose the name, a strong name as bamboo bends in the wind. Ironically I bought a 4 acre property with about 2 acres of bamboo. One acre has been cleared, what a chore that was hence the weight loss, managing 4 acres is a great exercise.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Been away for 5 years
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
I've got huge bamboo along on the east end of my property. I don't even think about messing with them. I had one big clump out in the middle of the garden where I wanted to plant some citrus trees. We chopped it down. It grew back in what seemed like the next day. I dug it up. The next morning, shoots ten inches tall. I rented a front-end loader and dug down four feet. sifted the dirt through a screen and put it back in the hole. Two weeks later it was two feet tall. Screw it, I don't like oranges that much, and I can buy them from Costco.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:14:10 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal