Author Topic: Looks like the V3 cabrinha.. With windows.. Now out  (Read 11428 times)

supfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like the V3 cabrinha.. With windows.. Now out
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 04:34:14 PM »
Can’t beat the price!

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 05:38:27 PM »
Cabrinha may have a winner with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzlHj3gPg0

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 05:47:01 PM »
Hopefully this is going to be a great wing. Others went to the moon with their pricing.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 05:47:15 AM »
So it seems they will offer both versions of the same wing with and without windows. So everybody will be happy 😃

wingdingjoe

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:28 PM »
I wonder if they "firmed up" the long handles... I tenerne reading they were a bit "floppy" and that the big sizes backwinded... A 6.2 would be perfect for our typical days here

GL

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 05:54:14 PM »
I just received my 6.2 Mantis today and I was able to test it out. I immediately felt comfortable with it. It hovers easily off the front handle in light wind. I also have a Crosswing X2 5 metre and the 6.2 was much more powerful for getting up on the foil. I found it pumped up onto the foil really well. I used the two of them back to back and I found the Mantis felt light and balanced in my hands and comfortable going upwind. I like my Crosswing except when very powered and then it is more tiring. I was riding flat water in a gusty location and I was able to fly through lulls that I would normally have fallen off the foil. I really like the new wing and look forward to trying it out in better conditions. I thought I was getting the one without windows but this one had them. Normally I would rather not have them but they were nice and large and provided a great view without lifting the wing. They felt light and quite flexible. I am now glad they are there because of the size of the wing. Another great thing is the leash cuff on this one is the best one that I have now. I threw out the ones that came with my 3 and 5 Crosswings as they were to small. This one fits me perfectly and is easy to put on.

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 09:39:49 AM »
Yes, the handles have been updated. The Crosswing X2 handles were kind of rectangular and mounted on stanchions perpendicular to the strut (allowing lateral motion that some people --including me-- found to be suboptimal). The Mantis handles seem designed to reduce this movement (but I have not held or tested the wing yet). I expect this will allow the Mantis wing to respond more directly and efficiently to rider input at the handles.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:49:34 AM by liv2surf »
5'6 Quatro Wingdrifter Pro 105L; Cabrinha Mantis 3.1m, 4m, 5m and 6m; Axis 1000 (1150, 1020); Project Cedrus 91 cm carbon mast (68 cm fuse, 440/5000 rear); 9'6" CRUZ Surf foil SUP (152L); Chinook Thrust 92 Paddle -- fixed 78" length; 'prone' longboards on the rack, kites in the garage.

GL

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 05:55:56 PM »
Funny I did not notice any difference in the handles. I did not compare them directly but I thought they were the same on the mantis and crosswing. I like them.

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »
From pictures/videos, the Mantis handles appear to me to attach at more nearly 45 degree angle to strut as opposed to Crosswing X2 handles attaching at 90 degrees to strut (which I have used). I believe this will make the attachment to strut more rigid.

I have also been told the rigid inner part of handles (inside webbing cover) on Mantis is more flat/oval while Crossing X2 was completely round (which could cause hand fatigue for people with smaller hands).

In comments to YouTube Mantis 'review' video someone asked: "I just have a question regarding the handles: are them the same as the X2 or they upgrade them? Thanks!"

Damien LeRoy replied: "They have been updated! yep!  :) "

But, you are one with both wings so your impressions rule the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_rl9iDtH8
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:16:11 PM by liv2surf »
5'6 Quatro Wingdrifter Pro 105L; Cabrinha Mantis 3.1m, 4m, 5m and 6m; Axis 1000 (1150, 1020); Project Cedrus 91 cm carbon mast (68 cm fuse, 440/5000 rear); 9'6" CRUZ Surf foil SUP (152L); Chinook Thrust 92 Paddle -- fixed 78" length; 'prone' longboards on the rack, kites in the garage.

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »
From pictures/videos, the Mantis handles appear to me to attach at more nearly 45 degree angle to strut as opposed to Crosswing X2 handles attaching at 90 degrees to strut (which I have used). I believe this will make the attachment to strut more rigid.

I have also been told the rigid inner part of handles (inside webbing cover) on Mantis is more flat/oval while Crossing X2 was completely round (which could cause hand fatigue for people with smaller hands).

In comments to YouTube Mantis 'review' video someone asked: "I just have a question regarding the handles: are them the same as the X2 or they upgrade them? Thanks!"

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:17:19 PM by liv2surf »

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 09:20:01 PM »
From pictures/videos, the Mantis handles appear to me to attach at more nearly 45 degree angle to strut (broader at strut than handle) as opposed to Crosswing X2 handles attaching at 90 degrees to strut (which I have used). I believe this will make the attachment to strut more rigid.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 10:59:12 PM »
I saw one today at Ka'a. Nice, compact-looking wing. Everything looks great except the handles--they kind of went backward there. If I get one I'll need to do a special version of the fake boom for it. I'm sure people that like handles will think they are fine, and those that insist on a boom will think they suck.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

GL

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 05:58:15 AM »
Liv2surf, I pulled out the crosswing and mantis this morning and you are correct with all that you said regarding the changes to the mantis handles. I never had any issues with the crossingwing handles and did not notice the changes on the mantis while using it. I tried it again in lower wing with the slingshot infinity 99 and was able to take off and fly in in much light winds than I could with the 5 crosswing. I didn't take any wind readings so cannot say how much wind I needed to go but there were very few whitecaps and I definitely would not have got started on the 5 metre. I really like the 6.2 mantis more each time I use it.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 06:12:02 AM »
I have a 4,5,6.2 and waiting on a 3 of the mantis. Great improvement over the X2, I personally hated the X2, felt so wobbly and a gimmick with the strut system. The Mantis is solid but still has a way to go. The inflate/deflate system is slow with no release valve on the strut and the one pump is the smallest hose I think they could find. The front handle is garbage and breaks after a session or two and who ever came up with the bag must not ever wing.
On the positive notes, great range, handles are awesome for jumps and keep stress off the knuckles from all day of riding. I think the 4 meter is the best balanced since you can ride one handed in the front handle and keep power in the wing which is awesome for wave riding. The bigger sizes need more tuning on the handle placements. Also the windows are in a great location. The pricing is great and I hope other companies follow with cheaper pricing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal