Author Topic: Tesla designs. Not really SUP friendly  (Read 7939 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Tesla designs. Not really SUP friendly
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 11:59:20 AM »
And yes, that's the late, great Chris Economaki interviewing me. The blue car I came in second to is THE Meister Brauser Chaparral 1, probably somewhere between $5 and 10 million if you could even get the racer who owns it to sell his. Well driven with four times the horsepower of Peyote, and we finished on the same lap and I could still see him--just a blue dot, but still... Peyote punches WAY past its weight. The rest of the field was equally prestigious, and the Amazing Peyote spanked their butts. I paid $30K for this car and a trailer--it was a very nice trailer.

I'm so fucking proud to own and race this little car. If only because my late middle brother David who was a serious racing fan, came to see me race at Limerock, and was so blown away he couldn't say anything. He and Bob (Stoneaxe) helped me work on the car all weekend after the clutch came apart. We got it back together and raced the shit out of it. He kept trying to tell me what it meant to him, and he kept choking up and couldn't say anything. That was the same weekend I gave Bob my new Starboard 12' 6" because I thought it might help him with his vertigo--and a whole chapter of amazing Cape Cod Bay Challenge paddles and races began. I still can't read my brother Dave's comments at the end of this post without tearing up. Hey, I never cry. https://www.ponostyle.com/30-babcocks/

David drove up to Watkins Glen by himself a few weeks later because he just wanted to see me race Peyote on a track that he loved as a spectator, and slept in a leaky tent during a fierce rainstorm in the back of his car. Peyote got more or less destroyed (of course we rebuilt it!) in that race, but my brother and I had the best time, probably the closest and best weekend we ever had together. It was the last time I saw him. I miss him like crazy, but how lucky I am to have that burned into my memories.

https://www.ponostyle.com/punted-at-watkins-glen/

Crying here bro!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 06:42:16 PM »
Not me, I don't do that.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Deep Sea

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 08:27:18 AM »
Opposite aesthetics of the angular Tesla Cyber Truck and it even looks functional: https://www.press.canoo.com/press-release/canoos-new-pickup-is-all-electric-all-american-ready-for-work-the-weekend
SIC 14' V1 Bullet, Flying Dutchman, QB Ona Ava, Axis Foils, & Goya Sails.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Wow, I’ll take one, as soon as it’s more than just a bunch of renderings
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
Kinda the road less traveled... I'll take an EV one. Good ski vehicle ;D   https://www.powerbully.com/usa/en/vehicles-track-carriers/scout.html

But seriously Pistenbully's are the best snow groomers made. I've ridden in one. Like a Rolls Royce tractor. Grooming slopes in the middle of the night, listening to music, all comfy in the middle of a blizzard.
Can you tell I've been thinking about skiing:) There's no surf.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal