Author Topic: Baja Daze  (Read 15542 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Baja Daze
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 11:02:56 AM »
Cool looking joint, I bet you're enjoying it. It reminds me a bit of Ponohouse with the peeled posts. Ours are Ohia, I wonder what those are. In the remodel, which is almost finished (I think, Diane has stopped talking to me about it, which probably means the budget is history) we added a tiled Lanai like that to replace the mud bog back yard.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
My 980 says 1253 but the spec list reads 1323 so I assumed that was just a working-on-it thing.  I really don't know what mine is.  What is printed on yours?

I don't think you guys are crazy at all.  So many variables in all of this.  No wonder that they have a zillion options.

You have the v1 980....the epic one in my book. Don’t ever sell it  ;D

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »
We are having a great time but these two frijoles are nearly expats.  The discovery of the Marshkabob was the clincher.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:18:56 PM by Admin »

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »
Wait til they find the guy with the chocolate fountain.  Their minds will be blown.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
Carseat seems trustworthy, but I wouldn't be giving Olive Oyl sharp objects. And it's not because she might hurt herself.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

bigmtn

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
So you have the final production 980 at 1323?

Just so you don’t think we are crazy, Jacky and I have the preproduction 980s. Smaller, faster, raw unbridled performance, compared the final version. The production 930 is closer to the preproduction 980 size wise.

Final production HPS (a.k.a v2 980) is an easier to ride, tamer version. We actually prefer the original, and wouldn’t sell them at any price. Probably explains our difference in shim choice.

What's the difference in how they ride? What's the v2 like? Slower?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 01:33:58 AM »
Wait til they find the guy with the chocolate fountain.  Their minds will be blown.

Hah! 

Gramps is just stoked to have found the wood fired oven.  How have I lived without this for so long?  So far we have done some really good pizzas and some BOMBER steaks.  800 degrees?  Oh, yes. 

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2021, 05:51:15 AM »
This area is so cool.  There are a few gentle but really organized waves that break most mornings just down the beach from us.  One is a super mellow SUP wave that looks like it would be really fun for SUP foiling.  I can't SUP anymore but Chan and her sister were getting some nice SUP rides last week.  They had it to themselves.  SWEET. 

I have had to give up on winging.  Bit of a bummer but the time has come.  My bod is just too unreliable now to make it work.  When I head out I never know what I am going to get.  I may get 15 or 20 good minutes or maybe none.  Even at its best it was kind of crazy feeling but still fun.  The problem is when my coordination goes now, it is going super hard and fast.  I had two freaky sessions where it kicked out on me and I couldn't tread water or get back on my board.  I had to drift in (long) beside my gear.  I can't work with that.  I am letting it go.  Fortunately there are a ton of hungry wingers down here and my new/relatively new Winging gear is/was in high demand :).

On the upside there is some super fun gravel path "mountain" biking through the Cactus forests that suits me well.  I have been hitting that every day. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:04:31 AM by Admin »

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 12:20:01 PM »
What??!! You are quitting winging altogether as in never again? I sure hope not....

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 01:17:32 PM »
Admin! Sad to hear that!!
I hope it’s just a moment
Take care!
Andrea

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2021, 01:37:23 PM »
Shocking news. Your enthusiasm for winging has been such a joy and inspiration to many of us. 

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2021, 01:56:11 PM »
Shocking news. Your enthusiasm for winging has been such a joy and inspiration to many of us.
Shocked as well What Happened Admin injury,just hope this a temporary thing,your our winging ringleader
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 01:56:51 PM »
Fuck. this has been one seriously shitty year+. Take it easy bud, I'll see you back in HR.

Maybe the TowBot?

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2021, 05:15:04 PM »
Hey Admin. Really, really sorry to hear this. It just sucks. I've appreciated all the advice you've provided and how enthusiastic you have been in promoting this sport. I'm still in the very early stages of learning winging but you have helped me a lot. Most of the equipment I have purchased has been on your recommendation, and it has all been "spot on".

Thanks again for all you have done. Hope that somehow you can find a way around this, and if not can find something else that gives you as much pleasure.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2021, 10:43:58 PM »
Have you had any success with any of the meds or therapies?

On the mtn biking, look into a pedal assist. Rode one today. Wow! As soon as you start to pedal a little harder up a hill, it just gives you such a boost. Handles great too. Only felt a little heavier than my bike. It was an 'Intense Trazer'.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal