Author Topic: Gerry Lopez Softop  (Read 2576 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Gerry Lopez Softop
« on: February 07, 2021, 01:28:43 PM »
If you've been to Costco lately you might have seen a big ol' box of wavestorm priced softops with Gerry's name and face on them. They are a damned cool looking 9 footer with removable fins for 99 bux. I didn't grab one, but I will next time. They're a three stringer (probably plywood) board made, I suspect, of XPS, and to me, they look like the world's cheapest pre-formed starting point for building silly stuff. So cool.

Of course, the "surfers" on Facebook are wailing. What a pack of weenies. Much nicer looking board than the zillions of wavestorms I see every day. Personally, I love wavestorms anyway. they surf really well, especially if you get one of the goofy add-on fins for them, and if you bonk someone with one they don't die, or even bleed. They're tougher than boiled goat, as they have to be to not bankrupt the manufacturer given Costcos guarantee.

Given that Gerry shaped the blank, I bet this one surfs even better.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:31:39 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Gerry Lopez Softop
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 07:44:54 PM »
Looks like maybe an 8? If so I’m buying one asap for my summer board and leaving old blue for friends. If Gerry gets paid, who cares?

I’m selling all my hard boards that don’t hold a foil and keeping a foamie and nothing else. Finally old enough to not care to impress.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal