Author Topic: Nice SanO Morning  (Read 4207 times)

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Nice SanO Morning
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »
Good you got there early. I couldn't, and paid the price with nothing much to ride but a bunch of weak gutless, maybe waste high mush.

As far as wings go, I had the 920, and tried surfing it twice. Can't think of a thing to say about it that the 900, 860, or even 1000 doesn't do 10x better. Just my opinion naturally. :)

While Evan's said the 980 wasn't intended for surfing (downwind and wingding designed), I know DW had fun with it in FL, so I'd be really interested in seeing how it works in SanO surf tomorrow...love to swap wings mentioned above if you're interested in trying either (or both) of those.
...I tend favor mid/hi aspect over HA wings for carving it decent sized surf, however just got a 860 looking forward to trying it out supfoiling in good sized waves on deck here  supposed to get good size this week bring it👍
You'll love the 860 in "good sized waves" (not so much on anything less than belly/waist high), with either the 460 or 400 tail, and the ultra short fuse. Not as fast as the 900, but super fun "surfy" setup. 🙌🙌
Pretty good swell today OH easy sets but bit of funky local SE winds early and W wind out in the channel made for some challenging wonky conditions,but decided to take a maiden voyage on the 860 today anyway and was pretty amazed how well the 860 w 440 tail worked for me in pretty crappy conditions felt like I rode it 20x before natural fit,definitely a good sign think I might of found a new good friend in the 860 but before I say too much or toot the 860 horn gonna do some more testing in some good clean conditions in coming days but no doubt a good first session vibe with the 860,funny even on a couple thigh high waves in between sets still was working very well pretty darn stoked on the 860 on maiden voyage
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:13:01 PM by paddlur »
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 12:10:59 PM »
....felt like I rode it 20x before natural fit...
That's the thing I hear from all wrt the Axis wings I let them try. "Very user friendly" is a very common quote from most.

...funny even on a couple thigh high waves in between sets still was working very well pretty darn stoked on the 860 on maiden voyage
If you're in a spot with a little energy I have no doubt it would work well in "thigh high waves". Unfortunately, SanO is typically a little slow and mushy most of the time - why we foil there instead of SUP - and why I mentioned it's not my wing of choice in stuff below about belly high (the 900/390 works great in those lil ones). But stoked to hear had fun on it in some smaller stuff. 👍👍
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2021, 06:41:38 PM »
Well today was a bit smoother and some pretty good energy and have to admit my friendship with the 860 for supfoiling is getting pretty solid was head hi sets easy early but with high tide was backing off a bit great supfoiling session with the 860! second session on it and feels like I’ve ridden it as much as my 820 just feels really solid predictable,familiar and carves really well when I put my 225lbs torquing it out ,no breaching n some pretty solid foil surf today kinda that magical feeling like that you get when you try a new surfboard and it has that it factor going on. Think for now be 820 on smaller days and 860 when it’s a bit bigger,can’t wait to try the 860 winging in some good wind but pretty friggin happy about the 860 performance with only 2 seesions under my belt nothing but good things to say about really! by this evening waves were getting close to DOH locally the E Pacific been on a roll in 21 so far nice start 🙏it continues yeah
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal