Author Topic: Need help removing inflate valve from F-One Swing  (Read 3832 times)

LoneStarFoiler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Need help removing inflate valve from F-One Swing
« on: December 29, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »
I need to remove the bladder from my F-One Swing to make some repairs.  I am a bit puzzled as to how to release the inflate valve from the leading edge.  I have reached in the access zipper and released the Velcro on the bladder from around the inside of the leading edge around the valve.  The flange on the outside of the valve seems to large to just be pushed through the opening in the leading edge like most inflate valves I have dealt with.  Anyone know the trick to taking one of these out.
Thanks

LoneStarFoiler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Need help removing inflate valve from F-One Swing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
OK, I finally figured it out.  The outer flange is threaded to the inner portion of the valve.  There are some ridges that a spanner can engage.  I just used a 90 degree tip needle nose pliers to engage the ridges and was able to unthread the flange.  Hopefully this will help someone else.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 09:54:04 PM »
There's a tool that comes in the foil bag to do this. I got one in about every second wing I bought. Maybe you didn't get one?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

wingdingjoe

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
I have another question about these valves please. Thanx to original poster showing HOW to remove... But im actually asking something else.

I have these valves but on my Flysurfer Mojo (which I've been EXTREMELY pleased with for over 150 hours of fun so far) and today.. Out of the blue.. BOTH the strut and LE valves Cannot be "locked open"... I can fill them, thank God, and they hold fine.. But when I press them in to open and dump the air.. Neither one can STAY locked open and I must press the entire time I'm squeezing air out. Anyone else ever go through this? I've turned the little red button to every possible position on the "clock" and tried Tu get it to start open like before but no dice.

Crazy this happened the same day on both valves!
Any diagrams on the web that show exactly the inner workings of this valve? If I pull it out will I have a chance to "MacGyver" fix it or just better off to order new ones from Flysurf or Fone?

Lastly.. Are all these valves made the same or do different companies have slightly different construction of these "push valves"? Ie.. Can I buy an Fone Valve and it should thread right in to the Flysurfer leading edge?

Thanx in advance to whoever saves me time and money.. Merry Xmas!
Kyrojoe in Mexico

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 12:28:31 PM »

Any diagrams on the web that show exactly the inner workings of this valve?

Use the tool to remove the valve. Then you can see the inner workings. It’s pretty simple when you see one removed and have it in your hand.

My guess, failures are not uncommon for those valves, because Naish included a replacement valve in every S25 bag.

wingdingjoe

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 07:41:56 PM »
Thanx Dwight.. Did just that.. And for ANY poor soul who experienced the same thing with these valves.. MAYBE I can help make things simple for ya.

The mechanism IS very simple and actually ingenious.. Every time we push the red button in the entire stem rotates 90 degrees.. This is because the "post" below the button has little Diagonal "shark teeth" grooves AND there is a plastic red "ring" with tiny embossed raised "triangle" that glides along those angled grooves and causes the entire mechanism to pivot.  90 degrees.. . Each time your press down.

That translates into 'valve locked open " or" valve shut "... So here's where the mechanism fails..

The tiny orange" "ring " is sitting inside a black "cup" which NORMALLY is press fitted onto the rest of the assembly... That is to say.. If the valve is working properly you never SEE the red ring... But.. Since it is just press fitted... Without glue I believe.. This black "cup-ring" can pop off... (this happens when we "snap" pop the valve open and closed due to the string spring it has.. Over and over..) and when you pull the valve out you see BOTH the black cup ring AND the tiny red ring (which should be seated and hidden inside the black one) loose and jostling one another every time you try to open and close..

So sometimes you get lucky and the red ring sits where it should and the valve "stays" open or shut.. But usually it just stays stuck shut.

So ALL we need tu do is with a small piece of wire or a skinney key on your keychain or pocket knife.. It's to guide the little red ring back into the black "cup ring" and then PRESS the cup ring back onto the black stem nice and tight where it used to be.. And VOILA... YOUR valve is good as new.

Caveat... Try NOT to "snap" the valve open and closed repeatedly to avoid this whole process.

Good winds and better waves my friends!

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 05:18:01 AM »
Thx for coming back to post the solution. This is good citizenship.

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
I had a new wing valve get sticky and eventually stuck.
I used the tool that comes in the bag to unscrew and remove the valve.  Rinsed with warm fresh water and pushed the button up and down several times to get unstuck and functioning correctly.   Best guess a piece of sand got in there.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard