Author Topic: Random Randomness  (Read 1563 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Random Randomness
« on: December 15, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
Here are some clips I shot this week (all from inside the house).  See what happens when I can't get out to foil.  I get all American Beauty - plastic baggy and and start looking at the small things and welling up :).  If you enjoy music, hit the mute button. 

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Random Randomness
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 08:25:42 PM »
Nice framing and time-laps work. I'm guessing Resolve. I like guitar overdubs too. Over-driven tube amp lead on top of a compressed dryer rhythm? That's what it sounded like to me. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:13:39 AM »
Hi Tall,

I got my first Mirrorless camera and I am pretty blown away by how capable this thing is and the depth of options right in camera.  This one is more set up for video but it takes really nice stills as well.  Unbelievable versatility.  So many Codec options, as well as a crazy # of picture profiles and frame rate options.  It is like candyland for camera dorks.  What really knocks me out is that these new cameras can shoot 4K at 120 frames a second (10 bit, 422).  It can be Progressive and all I, so no more calculated garbage frames in between keyframes.  Essentially, 120 high quality still images per second.  I think that is really cool for sports.  Granted, you would usually only be at 1/250 but even so, there should be a lot of great web grab stills for slower sports like foiling.  There is also an HD option at 240 FPS which looks great as well.  That would usually be 1/500 so that will help (and still all I, 10 bit, 422 - crazy).  It will time lapse in camera as well at any frame rate.  I am just getting familiar with this camera and learning what to do with these (new to me) file types.  It is super exciting.  I am really looking forward to filming a lot of foiling (all types) in the Gorge next year.

Yes, on the music.  I am a newb musician (term used very loosely) and I just play through a multi effect box.  It makes it super fun.  It has every amp you could imagine (well over 2000 modeled simulations), even more cabinets, and then hundreds of pedal sims, etc.  Like Tesla, they add more all the time and it is like a little gift each time.  It is daunting but so cool.  Very skilled guys (pro musicians and producers) upload preset combos every day that you can download and play.  That would seem like complete overkill for an old newb like me but it is actually awesome because it keeps monotony form building in.  Even playing the same crappy thing with a bunch of different tones keeps it super fun.  The best part is that you can get distorted tones without volume killing all the birds in your yard.  This was just playing a bass line on the 6th string over some chords because I don't have a bass.  I didn't include the lead because that would have been cruel :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:39:17 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 03:52:27 PM »
Okay, now I'm cold. I didn't surf this morning because it was 59 degrees. The SoCal version of freezing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal