Author Topic: wrist leash  (Read 2136 times)

Mario_Wings

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
wrist leash
« on: December 03, 2020, 03:20:14 PM »
I have read a lot of material on the forum regarding wrist leashes.

I have found that the ENSIS wrist leash (with extension part for 4.5 and 5.2) gets in my way when doing tacks on one particular side and so was looking for a better solution.

I found a video that Dwight did where he modified the creatures of leisure coil leash.

Can I ask if when it comes to wrist leashes, people have generally opted for a coil leash?

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: wrist leash
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 03:50:29 PM »
Have you tried the Ensis leash with the extension removed? That’s how I use it. I stopped using a coil.

Some of us have guessed the extension is for when you want to do Balz Muller tricks and flips.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 03:54:17 PM by Dwight (DW) »

Mario_Wings

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 04:02:25 PM »

Will try without the extension on the 4.5 and see how it goes. Thought it would be too much of a stretch.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 05:53:31 PM »
I add an extension of about 6 inches of rope from the front handle of the ensis wing and take out the extension part of the leash and it's perfect. I don't trust the attachment points for leashes that come with wings, I get rolled too much in waves for that to last long but I've never had a fail from the leash being connected to the leading edge handle.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 06:38:37 PM »
I use both the handle and the leash attachment point. the handles are stout but the attachment isn't all that impressive. The way I connect the leash the force is applied to the handle, but if it fails I have the leash attachment as a backup. Of course if it fails by ripping out the handle the bladder is going to squeeze through the hole and pop, so there's that.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Mario_Wings

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 02:05:03 AM »

So I removed the extension on the 4.5 leash and all worked well today.

Perhaps on the 5.2, I may need to add a short extension but will try the standard leash without extension first. I think it has stretched a bit from new anyway.

Mike dubs

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 04:29:26 AM »
Careful attaching a short line to the leash on the Ensis, I did that on all 3 of mine and the line wore through the leash webbing which separated, my 3.5 flew off but I got it back. They are ok fixed to the handle directly. But check them if uv added a leader line.

Mike

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal