Author Topic: Realising you have gone too small and in doing so- lost the magic of sup  (Read 1120 times)

daswusup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Realising you have gone too small and in doing so- lost the magic of sup
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »
If you really want glide and turn blown out everyday crap into amazing conditions, start foiling. Its like being reborn into a better world. I sup occasionally these days and I hear what you are saying about the magic being lost. I think many zoners went through the same "evolution". I love my Colin Mcphilips 9'6" X 28". It's a longboard shape. Happy board hunting!

BigZ

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 07:19:16 AM »

Must be this particular board. For sure not the volume. I am 6’4 106kg and at least two decades older than you. My go to board for small waves is 8’4 x 30 x 120 liters custom. Can catch anything over and including knee high. Don’t look at the volume. Get the right shape. My bigger wave boards are higher volume but different shape.

that does sound a nice board! At 30" wide it probably is quite stable actually. There are boards of that sort of dimension here which could work. I would happily trade a bit of width for some extra length to give me a bit more glide- but that movement to a longer board with more volume is def moving in the right direction for me :)

Since you mentioned Starboard, I also have Starboard Pro 8'10x29x130. A very nice board but requires a little bit better waves to appreciate it. I use it when the waves are waist or better.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 07:20:55 AM by BigZ »

Hail SUPn

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 07:24:02 AM »
Sunova Steeze is a great all around board. Itís got glide, stability, turnability, and versatility! In bigger waves I run my as a 2+1 with a smaller center. In smaller waves I run it as a single. There is a 8í10 x 30 @125L version. https://sunovasurfboards.com/en/sup/sup-surfing/steeze

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal