Author Topic: Davinci Resolve 17 - Incredible  (Read 14874 times)

supthecreek

Re: Davinci Resolve 17 - Incredible
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »
I wish I had saved this stuff but I tend to trash everything.   

That is exactly why I have 20 TB of externals filled with old footage.
Someday I will want it, because it is a small sample of our SUP history.
Documentation of  people, places, boards, moments in the collective evolution of our emerging sport.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2020, 02:26:45 AM »
Back in the 90's we shot and produced a few Windsport videos (sold on VHS :) ).  Digital Video had really just come to the masses and I loved it.  My favorite was called Bag of Tricks ('97 I think).  Lot's of windsurfing, Jaws footage, Gorge and Oregon Coast mayhem, Lou and Elliot charging on early Wipikas.  I don't have a single copy.  Bummed about that.  I would love to see it again. 

Holy shit, I just found the track from 88 fingers Louie that we used for a Lou and Elliot Kiting sequence at the Hatchery.  We worked with the band's distributor who provided us an amazing soundtrack of indy bands.  This is taking me back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJPucVuAdo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:56:36 AM by Admin »

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
I wish I had saved this stuff but I tend to trash everything.  I had some amazing GoPro footage shot from OC1 of a big winter swell (extremely high wind) Maliko run with Alan and Scott Trudon (who was and probably still is a beast at downwind).  That one seems lost to time.

Sad to hear that.  I remember some of your outrigger stuff at pier one.  Something about "if you wanted to - just hop over one lane"... So groomed and so big. And you were flying.  I had a look at some of my early stuff and need to make an early Maliko video.  Somewhere in there are some good beatings.   

OC1 perspective would be great for shooting foiling downwind.  Foilers would have to wait for a canoe but in my opinion the fly-bys look outstanding anyways.  There might be a time for that.  This really reminds me how much I enjoyed that particular glide. 

Yep, the fly-bys are amazing.  I thought the standard foil downwind crew was fast - carving the biggest, meanest downwind lines I'd ever seen - then an expert winger came thru...  Wow, that was impressive.  Very, very fast across the water. 

This is from awhile ago, light day, so I could see Kathy for awhile.  Foilers are tough for me now, but I have an idea... 

https://youtu.be/P01VU__GMgQ

IMO, Gopro Max is a good choice to video foils approaching, then zooming past a boat.  I've been thinking spherical for that reason.  Max is down to $400... Freedom to pan and scan - better yet - VR goggles.  Looking around at what people are surfing out there will be an eye opener.  Probably time to get a Max and start building up some files.  I'll figure out how to edit them later.   

That is exactly why I have 20 TB of externals filled with old footage.
Someday I will want it, because it is a small sample of our SUP history.
Documentation of  people, places...

I tried to keep stuff to look thru when I'm old.  Logic was - keep the footage, edit later.  I'll need something to do if the nurses roll me up to a wall and forget about me... 

This thread go me thinking, so I had a quick look back at the first year of stuff remaining.  Like admin I tossed some early stuff.  Dammit.   

Uncle Big is pushing 70 now, still flying.  He's won the Molokai/Oahu solo several times...  That thing on my head is the Garmin watch.  Better signal.  Fun day.  Very windy, less than 2 miles for those tight little swells to form. Entire run on 1080 and TCX stashed away...  Racerender made it easy.

Davinci someday - 3D, VR.  C'mon tech, hurry up and make it a bit easier...       

https://youtu.be/blCv3TUK4ig       
Support your local shaper

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
Sweet.  That footage of Kathy is great.  Even light south shore looks perfect for foiling.  Are guys doing winging downwinders Sudas Makena?

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
Yes, primarily north shore though.

Most of the alpha surfers prefer to use a paddle when foiling downwind.  I think wingers do Ka'a point and harbor in the mornings, then the expert wingers will hit Maliko. 

Big wind this weekend, my head will be on a swivel.   
Support your local shaper

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »
Southside is fun for a wing downwinder, I haven't done a Maliko yet, but next time I get to Maui it's a for sure. I've done a few canoe hale to Andaz, but not to Makena. Southside is fun for long-long mow ze lawn runs. Canoe hale to Mcgregor point and back. Do that two times and you've had a nice day.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2021, 05:35:01 AM »
Just starting a new video series (snowboard stuff) that I am doing entirely in Resolve (and on a laptop).  Crazy for me to think that this is possible now. 

This first installment included the most mismatched video from every possible source (super low quality old go pros and cell phones to pristine 8K and everything in between), all frame rates, mismatched resolutions, tons of layers and motion effects, and no hiccups.  Unbelievable that this is free.  So fun to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pNBJ5pXBU
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 05:37:58 AM by Admin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal