Author Topic: What is your favorite Stand Up Foil Board  (Read 4984 times)

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite Stand Up Foil Board
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 06:06:09 PM »
On your questions regarding the Kalama's, Red--the current sizes are on the website: https://kalamaperformance.com/product/e2-carbon-sup/  I think they may be all sold out though.

I weighed 185lbs (175lbs now after all this foiling) and went through a similar drop from a Starboard 7'4 Hypernut that you are.  Moving to a dedicated foil board with a kicktail was a game changer.  I went down to an E1 Kalama 6'0x28x115L which was awesome.   I went from being able to fly on waves with enough push to being able to fly on most waves.  Recently, I moved to a 5'5x29x110L E2 Kalama.  A bit harder to get into waves but worth it when on the wave.  The only time I felt like going back to my 6'0 was when I was overpowered on my GL180 and could have used more nose to get the foil down on the drop but the NLs probably won't have that problem with the gradual lift.   

BigDoug

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is your favorite Stand Up Foil Board
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 04:24:07 PM »
Me 6'2 52yo 252 lbs.   Favorite board 6'2 x 28.5 140 ltrs (Blue Planet Carver).  On super cross chop days at Diamond Head and Keikos I flail, but 90% time it's good.  Fun to wing foil on as well.  I just ordered a custom 6'2 x 31 to get a lighter, slightly more stable board.  Im not yet interested in foiling in really big conditions so this length suits me fine.  Also have a 5'5 Gong HiPE which has been a blast but it's impossible to balance SUPping unless conditions are super clean - it is really fun to wing with though, with zero swing weight. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal