Author Topic: Do you find splash guards effective ?  (Read 1630 times)

Kip

Do you find splash guards effective ?
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Just scored a sweet deal on a 2018 14’ x 25” Infinity Downtown Dugout for the gnarly days! Came with 2 fins, a splash guard, leash, and FCS bag. And I happened to be passing through the city that it was located in (7 hours from home) on our west coast road trip, so I am stoked!

I’ll find out in time, but just curious if you all find splash guards effective.
Aesthetically (from photos I’ve seen)I don’t find them pleasing, but if they make a big difference in keeping water out of the dugout, I might stick this sucker on there.

Cheers,

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: Do you find splash guards effective ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:45:26 AM »
Kip...  Pin a photo to your post.  How can we look down our nose at something we cannot see?

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Kip

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:49:31 AM »
Not my photo, but this little guy:

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »
For sure. If they direct the splash forward then they work great. I've had my feet dry for ten miles in crazy shit with a good splash guard.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Kip

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 11:20:15 AM »
For sure. If they direct the splash forward then they work great. I've had my feet dry for ten miles in crazy shit with a good splash guard.

Nice! It’s going on then! I hate cold feet. Especially since it will be 39F for the next god knows how many months 😂

What’s a good product to adhere the splash guard with ?

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »
That makes sense, Kipper....  ' Looks like it came off a Sunfish.  If you 'never' want to take it off:  3M 5200.    Also, get yourself some fleece socks. Not only makes getting booties easier on/off but helps retain heat...  and a pair of tights (man-up) will have you in/out of a fullsuit in a flash. 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Kip

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 07:57:12 PM »
That makes sense, Kipper....  ' Looks like it came off a Sunfish.  If you 'never' want to take it off:  3M 5200.    Also, get yourself some fleece socks. Not only makes getting booties easier on/off but helps retain heat...  and a pair of tights (man-up) will have you in/out of a fullsuit in a flash. 

Jim

Dude! THANK YOU! Stuff a new guy a wouldn’t think of. Been dreading the winter, but love paddling so much was just willing to lose my toes haha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal