Author Topic: Lift foils for Winging  (Read 2608 times)

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Lift foils for Winging
« on: November 10, 2020, 05:58:49 AM »
Hi everybody,
i've heard very good things about Lift foils for foil surf, but what about for winging?
Does anyone of this forum use them for winging, if yes which one?
i'm interested in the HA series.
Thank you!!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Lift foils for Winging
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »
Yes, owned them all HA170, HA200, HA250

They are designed to be ridden with the mast somewhat between your legs. Rear foot behind the mast, way more than most brands. Similar to Delta foils of the past.

This is problem one. All foils should be designed to be like all the other brands for track location, otherwise your board will not be compatible with any other brands. Unless you are the king of the industry, you should not design something not compatible with everyone else.

Issue number two. It’s a back foot heavy ride. A bit like balancing with a pogo stick between your legs. Same feeling with Delta foils of the past. I think it’s a trait that comes from having the mast between your legs.

The HA200 has amazing glide when pumped. One of the best out there. The HA250 is a dog.

None of the tails felt like a “perfect” match to any of the front wings. Maybe the HA front wings should not have been released using old tail wings. I never tried the 25 tail. I owned all the other tails.

Leave the HA series to prone surfing, forget it for winging. Prone you can ride heavy back footed. Winging for 2 hours, your back foot would not survive heavy back footed.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:05:08 AM by Dwight (DW) »

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Lift foils for Winging
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »
Thanks DWIGHT,
I’m very happy with my Armstrong gear but I was  curious about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal