Author Topic: New NORTH wing  (Read 9826 times)

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
New NORTH wing
« on: November 10, 2020, 02:11:13 AM »
It looks like someone else just entered in the market..
North NOVA 2021 Wing.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: New NORTH wing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 05:35:28 AM »
In the video linked below there is a few seconds of the new north wing (the black coloured wing) in action (at the 2:19 mark).  The video was taken at Sand Banks near Picton, Ontario, Canada, which is on the north shore of Lake Ontario.  The video was taken about 10 days ago.  The swells at the Banks can get quite large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr375YDnry4&t=4s
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:43:18 AM by deja vu »

wingdingjoe

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
Beautiful spot! Still colored leaves on the trees?
O I see. Video taken in November...

Rode several spots on the NY side of that area in October and can confirm the swell can get great!

And more info about the north wing then?

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 01:47:03 PM »
Interesting. I owned a few North windsurf sails over the years. Good product good quality. 
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

foiled again

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 05:24:27 PM »
Is this the same North that we know from windsurfing? That North has a complicated branding into Duotone and some connection with Cabrinha. Is this another brand in that line or a different company?

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 06:32:35 PM »
Is this the same North that we know from windsurfing?

The North we all knew for the last 15-20 years was actually Boards and More of Germany, who licensed the name from the real North, a US based sail company.

Boards and More didn’t want to pay anymore to use the North name. They switched to the Duotone name for windsurf and kiteboarding product. If you want the former North products, from the same people and designers of those years past, buy Duotone.

North USA, the original North, hired a bunch of people to jump into the market. Sadly to me, they kept the fake North logo created by Boards and More, instead of the awesome original real North USA logo. https://www.northsails.com/ But hey, at least they got rid of the weird graphics of the former people, just not the logo. They hired the former Cabrinha designer. So this wing is a bit like buying from the old Cabrinha people.

Clear as mud?  haha

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:46:07 PM by Dwight (DW) »

MasFoil

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 09:35:31 AM »
I’ve been doing so much online research on boards that I came across a leaked pic of a new North wing board.

MasFoil

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »
This German website seems to have the full North Wing line, including the Seek board and new high aspect foil wing.

https://shop.windsucht.de/wings-boards-foils/north-wing-foil/

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:35 PM »

WingNut Ohana

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 01:00:44 AM »
Got to ride the 4.2 Nova yesterday. Wow! Is all I can say. Currently I ride Armstrong A-wings. The Nova was everything good about the A-wing (great grunt, upwind, power, punches above their weight) with improvement over everything bad about the A-wing (weight, window location, price). The Nova I tried felt like it was half the weight of the A-wing 4.5. When I laid it on top of the A-Wing it was nearly identical in size and shape, only a couple of inches shorter. The windows were in the perfect spot. While on foil it was easy to look through and see thing in-front of me.

My wife also had some rides on it, she is just getting on foil and still has to do the “walk” a lot. With the North wing, she was coming back a lot closer to where she started. It basically cut her walking distance in half.

The handles were super comfortable, there was shaped foam inside, comfortable like the Doutone Unit, but solid and not floppy. It also came with a good wrist leash (like the Ozone one, but with the cuff like on an Airrush).

Lastly the bag is very nice quality, well padded. Rectangular like the Armstrong bags, but double wide and a bit longer. Has a padded shoulder strap and a saddle and strap on the side to hold a pump securely.   

I’ve tried a bunch of wings, and this is the first one that had me thinking about moving on from my current quiver of Armstrong and Duotone.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 09:06:21 AM »
Some more North winging products:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZoACr5WVkw

foiled again

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 09:00:16 PM »
This North Seek foil board seems to have many of the characteristics of the new Slingshot Wingcraft; very beviled rails, similar tail shape. The North Seek is advertised as a wing/sup board whereas the Slingshot is characterized as a pure wing board. Anybody see any reason for including the SUP function for the North other than to satisfy the desires of the marketing department?

Alysum

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 05:07:20 AM »
I don't understand the placement of the windows.... Is it for looking at the airplane in the sky and the reef underwater? :o

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »
I agree.. Seems the position of the North logo is more important.

WingNut Ohana

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »
Window location seems odd on land. But on foil they were in the right spot for me. I was able to see traffic in front and to the side.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal