Author Topic: Indian Summer in NJ  (Read 1947 times)

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Indian Summer in NJ
« on: November 08, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »
This weekend had amazing weather and a fun small swell to go with it!  This video is from this morning, yesterday had similar conditions but the schools of bunker fish were absolutely huge!  They were so active it looked like it was pouring rain from the splashing at the surface of the water.  Yesterday was the day I wish I had a gopro attached just to film the activity above and below the water.
https://youtu.be/Svdryn5LZAw
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Summer in NJ
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 12:35:15 PM »
An early go at sunrise with an empty lineup as reward.  A beautiful session.

Enduring a 2nd lockdown here, thank you for the escape.

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
LB

Thanks for posting. Your surfing has risen to another level. The JL Destroyer is working for you. I was rooting for you to come out of that one coverup......almost made it.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 07:35:18 PM »
All to yourself! Lucky. I guess the cool off clears everyone out? That right is just perfect. You did get one left:) Looked like fun....
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 08:48:37 PM »
Dang, I'm always amazed at how lucky you guys back east are to get what seems like so many breaks all to yourself. What a great looking time you had out there. Stoked for you!!
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 02:57:35 AM »
SurfinJ- thanks.  2nd lockdown, where do you live?  You can’t leave to go surf?

FRP - thanks for the comment. I’m really enjoying the destroyer.

TD - there’s plenty of spots around here that get crowded all year round.  Proners are funny they seem to migrate to other surfers.  There were at least 10 guys packed together just south of me.  I also find Surfer’s don’t want to walk if they don’t have to.  When I choose a spot it’s usually but not always a lesser wave and I check if guys paddle out can I move? I never stay in a pack.

SSS - thanks. Like I mentioned to TD, around here you can find lonely waves when the known spots are crowded.  SUP surfing is great for mediocre waves.  And I have no paddling away...
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 05:17:36 AM »
Nice! We had the same swell down here on Long Beach Island. But my local was not near the machine like perfection you scored! After a while I thought maybe you did a copy/past on some of those rides! How lucky are we to have 70F temps in Nov with light winds and good swell!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal