Author Topic: Recent Netflicks...  (Read 5163 times)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Netflicks...
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 01:13:48 PM »
My impression, his public persona was of a creepy, pool-lizard with a pipe.

This was my impression as well.  Similar to my youthful fascination with James Bond it takes growing up having a wife and kids to realize that James Bond was a sketchy dude, single, anger issues, probably drank too much and everything he loved died, or was smothered in gold and then died.

The documentary exposes the bad-ass business side to Hugh Hefner and his unapologetic push for first amendment and human rights.  He basically discovered Aretha Franklin and gave unrestricted access to the stage for African American comedians, singers and advocates like Malcolm X among others.

But yes in the end he was a Creepy Pool Lizard with a Pipe and Cape

blackeye

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Netflicks...
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 02:43:25 PM »
I think we saw one Icelandic/Danish drama ...we'll not be visiting anytime soon.  It looks brutal there. 

Ibsen put me off Scandinavia, but I've gone there a few times. Awesome places! I would love to spend a summer month on the west coast of Denmark. Iceland is on the list too.

Have we talked yet about Death to 2020 on Netflix? You will be amazed and laugh until you resume crying. Oh, it's Friday Jan 22, 2021? Tough coming out of a four year depression.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal