Author Topic: New 25 mile bike/surf trail in Tofino  (Read 2788 times)

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
New 25 mile bike/surf trail in Tofino
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:39:06 PM »
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: New 25 mile bike/surf trail in Tofino
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
Yes. It is going to be amazing. It is coming along and should be ready to open in the spring. I am continuing to ride my bike on the trail to Cox bay which takes about 25 minutes. We are starting to have early morning frost and once that is heavy will likely need to consider driving a car again. On Sunday morning I was out at Cox Bay and there had to be 200 in the water. Small waves but crazy good fun. Learning to sort of "steer" the board from the nose high up on the wave. Most were happy to share the waves. This has been the busiest summer and fall I have ever experienced. Mostly BC plates that I see but a few from across Canada. Only the occasional US plate.....one Tesla with Hawaii plates. Not sure how that one got across the boarder. On his way to Alaska I guess ?? (Bill was that you??)

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:47:05 AM »
Whoa - 200 people in the water in Cox Bay...  My company is HQ'd in Vancouver and I've been wanting to take a trip out to Tofino at some point but that seems pretty crazy.  Assume that's Summer crowds and the Winter thins it out a lot? 

On the other side of the continent, NY state is in the process of extending the bike path on our barrier island off of Long Island right now.  I might actually consider picking up an eBike to access some of the more remote beach breaks along the island once it's completed...  Certainly not as picturesque as the PNW but a lot of people in our beach community are excited about it. 

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/towns/10-mile-extension-of-path-along-ocean-parkway-to-be-completed-in-2021-1.37313118
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 07:26:53 PM »
Only the occasional US plate.....one Tesla with Hawaii plates. Not sure how that one got across the boarder. On his way to Alaska I guess ?? (Bill was that you??)

Cheers

Bob

No, but it should have been. My wife has the Tesla anyway, and she's not big on sharing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal