Author Topic: Foil corset for inflato  (Read 1181 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Foil corset for inflato
« on: October 28, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
..' just messing ..3-ply 'vert top fabric top/bottom - rubber-coated fabric for rail grip.  I made it one-piece but it was impossible to pull on.  Big ass zipper down top center works fine and covered with decking made for a 5-5 foamie.  Alu plate foil support trapped within double bottom.  Only two wind-days over 12kts in Oct blowing in a safe direction. (wife cracked C6 on one of them)  Have a friend who's anxious to try it in surf.

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foil corset for inflato
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 05:48:00 PM »
That’s a great design man. I love all the crazy ideas that are popping up in foiling. I’m just a few hours of garage time from rolling out my Wavestorm plate. Can’t wait to test.

What kind of fabric is tough enough for that?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 01:47:48 AM »
That is cool wet.  Is the foil stiffener the full length of the black corset?  Is that the faint outline that we see on the bottom?

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 06:38:18 AM »
Correct, Boss...  It's a 3-ply aluminum sandwich ~12 x 44".  Patrice at GONG gets by on his He'ep with smaller but ..C'hit this is 8' vs 5'ish.  At ~$250 on Amazon .. it was just too easy and cheap to ignore.

Cowboy... Forget that cloth. It was some convertible cloth fabric. 'I thought' I needed heavy. I am pretty sure that is totally incorrect.  I have some very durable nylon that is 1/2 the weight.  I even have similar vinyl - I may try gluing up a girdle. ...if - this one seems to work.  I am running out of time. The water is soon too cold for me and I got a ton of other c'hit I should be doing.

Excited to see how you approach the Wavestorm... 

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal