Author Topic: How long are your sessions?  (Read 4013 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: How long are your sessions?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »
Hi Oakfish,

You want to feel evenly and easily balanced.  Sounds easy right :).  It could be a bunch of things causing this but I have had this issue a few different ways.  One was with too small a tail wing for the front wing.  I had to constantly pressure the tail to keep flying.  If that is the case then a little more down angle on the tail might help but the drag may negate the benefit.  A more substantial tail might also help that.  Also, too small a front wing can do this.  It may also be that your kit is fine but you have your front foot is too forward.  That is easiest to check. You can move your front heel back a bit (a little goes a long way).   

oakfish

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
Admin,
Really appreciate the thoughtful reply!
I have a slinghot fsup foil but slapped the huge 99cm wing on it.  There's a great chance the rear wing is mis-sized.
We've got wind this weekend, so I'll try 2 things: 1) moving my foot back a bit and 2) try the stock 84m wing to see if things balance out.
Thanks!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 09:05:58 AM »
PS:  I also should have mentioned that sliding your mast forward a bit in the tracks (again a little goes a long way) has a similar effect to moving your feet back.  That is easy to check as well. 

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 09:13:28 AM »
Oak fish ,
I’m having the same problem with the rear leg. Today I moved my mast a couple of cm forward and it was better.
Maybe you should try too

oakfish

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
great points. moving the mast has a similar effect as moving foot position.
thx, guys!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal