Author Topic: Wanted a handle on the bottom of my foilboard - got a gore breather handle  (Read 2335 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Should I be worried about the breather being on the bottom side of the board?   Not what I would have asked for, but that’s what the board guy installed.  Never thought to clarify

jrandy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted a handle on the bottom of my foilboard - got a gore breather handle
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »
Probably OK, kinda like duck-diving or falling off and flipping (more my style) a board with it on the top.

The Gore membrane should only allow vapor through and not drops.

I would ask the shaper and/or confirm that it was installed to actually breath (hole drilled under vent plug through the main handle if it is the removable kind).
http://pushheretosavealife.com/
Be safe, have fun. -J

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
The potential issue with those FCS handles, is your finger breaking the fragile cap off the gore vent.

They break super easy. That’s why so many shapers use the handle, but not the vent.

Casica Engineering (the company most US shapers use) switched to Donaldson gore breathers. These are way more durable.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:18:07 PM by Dwight (DW) »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
If you do it again, consider a bridged handle. Awesome on the bottom of a board.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal