Author Topic: new sup  (Read 2723 times)

sup luc

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
new sup
« on: October 02, 2020, 05:45:39 AM »
Hi to all, i am into the process of buying a new sup and i hesitate on the red paddle 12.6 sports, the new voyager 12.6 or the new voyager 13.3. I do not understand why red paddle did not put the v hull on the 12.6 sport since the 13.3 has it . Both sup are the same  width and according to the spec the same capacity, so witch one will fit better my needs since i weight in at 270 pounds.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: new sup
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »
All of those options are possibly geared more towards performance. Not really racing, but a good glide while touring. At you weight ( I was 250 myself) you'll need the baton stiffeners other wise the board will taco (buckle in the middle) on you. You need a good inflatable that can take 20 psi + range to reduce the taco. I you're just starting out, you might want to find something a little wider too. Pointed noses and tails can make for tippy boards. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

sup luc

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 08:31:51 AM »
All of those options are possibly geared more towards performance. Not really racing, but a good glide while touring. At you weight ( I was 250 myself) you'll need the baton stiffeners other wise the board will taco (buckle in the middle) on you. You need a good inflatable that can take 20 psi + range to reduce the taco. I you're just starting out, you might want to find something a little wider too. Pointed noses and tails can make for tippy boards. 

Then wich brand of inflated sup will you suggest 20psi.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:30:29 AM »
The Red Paddle Voyager looks like the best fit for you. It carries the width throughout the most of the board which will make it more stable over the sport. Red Paddle states 18 to 22 psi as the range.

https://greenwatersports.com/shop/red-paddle-co-12-6-voyager
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 03:39:05 AM »
I agree. Get the 12-6 x 32 voyager. I pump my Reds up to 25PSI without problem.

Of course, you would be much better off with a hard board  though. You know that, right? Especially at your weight. They are more stable, safer, last longer, and cope with poor weather better. There are downsides to hard boards - mainly storage and the fact that you have to baby them out of the water. But in virtually all other respects they are far better.

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 07:08:03 AM »
As above posters have mentioned, the best board for you in the Red range would be the 12'6" x 32" Voyager. Still some in stock from our first batch: https://greenwatersports.com/shop/red-paddle-co-12-6-voyager
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
At 285 I enjoyed the hell out of my 12'6" x 30 Blue Planet. 15psi. 6 years of it. Get whatever you like it will be fine. Green Water Sports worked with me this summer (Zoner Discount)  and I upgraded to a Starboard 14x28 Airline - I love it - but my friend's Starboard 14x30 Touring DC is quite a bit more stable, not gypped on tie-downs, cheaper and feels about as fast back-to-back. Get on a board! :D have a blast! I'm a skinny :D 250 now - get out and paddle your butt off!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal