Author Topic: New High Aspect Go Foils -- review  (Read 2058 times)

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
New High Aspect Go Foils -- review
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:52:12 AM »
These foils look interesting -- especially for winging (speed and glide).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXXm_JXt_M

obxDave

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: New High Aspect Go Foils -- review
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 01:13:45 AM »
I like GoFoil quality and construction, but I always get frustrated with the total lack of size info they provide, and the fact that the average front wing runs $700 and up. Now with 3 newer models (GL’s, NL’s and the P) it’s seems even more confusing to make comparisons.  Plus it would be great to see more volume (thickness) info reported, not just area/AR/chord

Once again hitting that state of “choice overload”. Makes me want to just ride what I have and work on skills...

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »
I like GoFoil quality and construction, but I always get frustrated with the total lack of size info they provide, and the fact that the average front wing runs $700 and up. ..

1) How much do other Brand front wings cost?

2) I have been hearing great things about A) Axis Wings B) Armstrong C) Lift D) MFC E) Neil Pryde and then my friend Jeff Clark swears by F4

3) However when I look at the Hawaiians at the top of their wave surfing game on foils:  Derek Hama, Austin Kalama . . they are still on GoFoils.

Here are the statistics on all the wings.  Not that this matters much.  So much of this is empirical.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17xbTGEWSVeRhnYb_4vz_Gmby8UnrDys7Q1iB-6rC6F4/edit#gid=0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:42:32 AM by Beasho »

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 08:57:04 AM »
Yeah, I myself have to be careful not to insert my personal opinions onto threads about gear. In the end, I think we are here to share knowledge, not dictate other people’s buying habits. Hard to stay in my lane when I have a strong opinion. ;)

It’s so hard for me to not advise someone in Wisconsin not to buy a 14’ offshore board. BUT who am I to tell them how to live right lol? Anyway, back to the topic, GoFoil HA.

In LA the best guys are on Axis and GoFoil mostly. What Steamroller can do on the NL is amazing to watch in person. Maybe he could do some of this on a similar other wing but so far that 360 is 100% being done on a GoFoil high aspect. His pumping almost defies physics when you see what a big solid dude he is. He pumps like a featherweight.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal