Author Topic: Slingshot Wingcraft 2021  (Read 15272 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Slingshot Wingcraft 2021
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 09:04:27 AM »
Old guys like me remember Logosz windsurf boards. Tony’s board designs pushed the envelope. A free thinker.

True that. Every time I saw Tony last spring he told me I should kite foil instead of screwing around with wings. I took it as more of a comment on my slow progress than wingfoiling in general. But maybe I was wrong
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 09:48:34 AM »
Old guys like me remember Logosz windsurf boards. Tony’s board designs pushed the envelope. A free thinker.

True that. Every time I saw Tony last spring he told me I should kite foil instead of screwing around with wings. I took it as more of a comment on my slow progress than wingfoiling in general. But maybe I was wrong

Tony probly knew he was going to be sitting on a ton of kite stock as everyone progresses to the wing

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
"Tony probably knew he was going to be sitting on a ton of kite stock as everyone progresses to the wing."

Good one!  That's pretty funny and maybe partially true.

There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence (and video evidence) that kiteboarders and windsurfers are moving in droves to winging.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »
You know who really deserves a beating?  Whoever made the garbage below.  I mean, how could they not know what a SUP foilboard should look like?  Probably worth noting that Tony was the first to use a handheld inflatable wing and the first to foil on one.  He's a creative guy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JaE57jHuIc

foiled again

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 11:16:05 AM »
My Slingshot Outwit was a good board for its time, both in design and construction. I have seen their Wizard boards slammed by breaching windsurf foilers and those boards survive just fine. Am looking forward to their next evolution of wing foil boards and will probably be a buyer......Rarely windsurf anymore but when I do it is on my 1992 Logosz 8'6 X 20" 80 liter Flip Tip. Great design for ebb tides on San Francisco Bay. Shares a lineage with Slingshot.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 04:00:02 PM »
You know who really deserves a beating?  Whoever made the garbage below.  I mean, how could they not know what a SUP foilboard should look like?  Probably worth noting that Tony was the first to use a handheld inflatable wing and the first to foil on one.  He's a creative guy. 

Rotten kid, making everyone look bad. Literally everyone.

Using a wing to hang glide down the face of Peahi--now everyone is going to want to do that.

Tony was probably trying to get me off wings to protect the budding sport. There's few things worse for image than some geezer flopping around.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2021, 11:54:04 AM »

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 11:23:29 AM »

Waterdog

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2021, 07:15:11 AM »
Here's a review of the Moon Buddy, which I believe is basically the same as the Sling Shot Wing Craft...
Thats what I thought, too. But it is not. I have the 75 and 60l boards. Tried the 60l one time in winds above 20 knots and the 75l twice from 10-20 knots. I put them and the Moon Buddy 5.0 (80l) on the floor for comparison. The Moon Buddy has a light curve more or less through the whole board whereas the Wing Crafts are almost flat until they go up a little at the front. The result is that they get going very easily. At 78 kg I thought both boards got into foiling amazingly. That was a very nice surprise for me as I hadnt expected that. I am really happy with that choice :)

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2021, 07:31:48 AM »
That's good to know!  Maybe I should upgrade to the Wingcraft.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal