Author Topic: Slingshot Wingcraft 2021  (Read 15270 times)

Alysum

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Slingshot Wingcraft 2021
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 06:03:11 PM »
haha that looks like a shocking bad design that dart wing, look how loose the canopy material is ! Any sailor will tell you how bad that is.

The Spencer brothers do front/back flips with them but that's rider skills over wing design....

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 06:49:09 PM »
Wow, that wing looks like shit. WTF is that? V0.4?? I'd be embarrassed to show it.

Oh, I see Sidney already said that. Well, OK then.

Did they fold a paper airplane and copy it? You can expect that to have a VERY short life, like the wings with two struts that Admin had for a while. I lost one of them for him. Best thing I could have done. Some stuff you can just look at and say "no, fucking no."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:52:46 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Supfool

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 09:23:45 PM »
Lol it's for freestyle, it's meant to look like that.  It's not designed for old guy lawn mowing, it's meant for Jeffrey Spencer backflips.

foiled again

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
Anyone know what happened to their Wingcraft line of boards? They were out very briefly somewhere but then disappeared. Looked like they could be promising. Without that it doesn't look like Slingshot has a line of boards for wingfoiling at the moment. 

Alysum

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 11:17:05 PM »
Yeah Slingshot are a bit weird at the moment.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 05:20:14 AM »
Oh they've been weird for a long time. This was my very first entry equipment into foiling....

The garbage almost took me out of the sport before ever getting started thinking I was not cut out for it because I could never keep the POS flying.

Turned out that they just rushed to the market rebranding their kite wing(s) as "SUP/Surf" wings, and called it good...and that all were too f'n small for the average sized adult male to keep in the air in the surf...

From that point forward I've never been able to look at anything "Slingshot" with anything but disgust and disdain.  >:(

Note: Just my personal opinion....OMMV.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:17 AM »
I don't get it, the slingshot guys are about the most innovative designers around. I have to assume they're just not really into general wing development.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 05:56:08 AM »
Lol it's for freestyle, it's meant to look like that.  It's not designed for old guy lawn mowing, it's meant for Jeffrey Spencer backflips.

Well, that would explain why I don't like the looks.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 06:06:17 AM »
Old guys like me remember Logosz windsurf boards. Tony’s board designs pushed the envelope. A free thinker.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 06:12:50 AM »
Anyone know what happened to their Wingcraft line of boards? They were out very briefly somewhere but then disappeared. Looked like they could be promising. Without that it doesn't look like Slingshot has a line of boards for wingfoiling at the moment.

I happened upon that item on the MacKite website in the fall.  It was likely just put up when their web team was working on the item page for the upcoming season.  I know that we do that on our retail sites, usually when we get preseason order confirmations.  They took it down shortly after I posted.  It is most likely that we will see that board available in the spring.  I couldn't see all of the details but it looked pretty good.  I was very happy with our Outwits considering how early they were.

Solent Foiler

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 06:50:25 AM »

Not only do I not like the look, I don't understand what it's trying to achieve? You'll lose so much power with the massive dihedral so why not just use a smaller wing?
I'm 5'10", 66kg riding:
Swift Foil Boards custom 4'10 x 19.5" 35L
Gong Lethal 4'6 65L
Axis ART 799, 899, 1099, HPS 880 US & CS Adv fuse, 85cm mast
Gong Fluid L-S, XXL-S on 85cm and 65cm mast
Takuma RS 5.1, 4.3, 3.5

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 07:15:37 AM »
Old guys like me remember Logosz windsurf boards. Tony’s board designs pushed the envelope. A free thinker.
Before Logosz their brand was Velocity, and were initially made in Salt Lake City. Many early gorge pioneers were skiers from Utah. Many are now permanent gorge residents. With that said I would steer clear of slingshot production boards. Seen too many problems. They are heavy and take on water.

deja vu

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 07:27:43 AM »

Not only do I not like the look, I don't understand what it's trying to achieve? You'll lose so much power with the massive dihedral so why not just use a smaller wing?

Here's some more info about what this wing (Dart) is for (there's a thread about it over at the Seabreeze forum):

https://magazine.wingsurfworld.com/issue-02/how-wings-work/?utm_source=seabreeze.com.au

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2021, 08:34:23 AM »
Here's stuff from the marketing booklet

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »
Oh they've been weird for a long time. This was my very first entry equipment into foiling....

The garbage almost took me out of the sport before ever getting started thinking I was not cut out for it because I could never keep the POS flying.

Well of course you couldn't get it flying. Someone sold you a board with sawhorses attached to it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal