Author Topic: I wish I had not read this about 'Eating Out'....  (Read 5896 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
I wish I had not read this about 'Eating Out'....
« on: September 21, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

iopsailor

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: I wish I had not read this about 'Eating Out'....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 04:57:55 AM »
Years  before Covid a restaurant inspector for the state told me people ask him where he eats and he always tells them "I eat at home".  My beach bud just the other day said a restaurant owner said he would never eat at his own restaurant, based on what he knew.

The local paper's restaurant critic just put this up a day ago -https://www.postandcourier.com/blog/raskin_around/these-9-restaurants-are-the-safest-places-to-eat-in-charleston-area-our-food-critic/article_1ad84f7a-f386-11ea-9926-5fef8797c70e.html

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 05:20:47 AM »
In another life I worked in the restaurant industry.  Every line position, waiter, host, manager, busser, disher.  There is no way to keep a restaurant pandemeic safe, not even in the most careful, well intentioned environment.  Aside from the enclosed air threat (which is real) every position has way too many hands and exposures to make that possible. 

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
 Boss, Take that back-of-the-house picture - multiply by hundreds, make most of the employees illegals and call it a 'packing plant'.  A small county in Delaware has about 230,000 pop and 6,600 cases of COVID.* Iowa and the Dakotas are not dissimilar. They should be called 'Essential Illegals'.

Perhaps 'The Wall' is to keep them in. They are certainly 'easy to find'.  Everybody's grass is cut, tires patched, corn planted and new roofs laid...  The Green and White buses with heavy screens stayed have parked around back at the local INS depot for years.  Some well-connected interests need illegals and it filters down to grass cutters and the like.   

Jim

*my county, ajacent to Sussex is of similar size with 1,900.  ...a high porportion likley connected with the packing plant here.
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal