Author Topic: Foil screw wing nuts?  (Read 5302 times)

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foil screw wing nuts?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 07:10:28 AM »
Not exactly sure what Cole means there. But for example lift one piece wings and fuselage. Lift foils have to be pushed way forward. The 200 classic rode for me two fingers from the front of my tracks. The 170 had to be half a finger from the front of my tracks.

Axis 900 is just under two finger widths from the back of my tracks. 760 is about centered or about three fingers from the back of my tracks.

So even between the same brand front wing size makes a big difference.

liv2surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Foil screw wing nuts?
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 01:34:42 PM »
Be careful with the Wizard Hat style connectors because by default they have the 6mm bolt end of both sticking up. There are 3 problems with this: it provides more objects to catch the leash under the board especially if using a straight leash, it presents more sharps to kick and it presents sharps for your wing to be punctured on. I had one of these bolts poke a hole through my wing LE while protecting my wing from the foils. Really stupid accident... but it really happened and ended my session. There are ways of putting caps on the bolt ends to make them less sharp.... but I have gone back to classical T-nuts.
5'6 Quatro Wingdrifter Pro 105L; Cabrinha Mantis 3.1m, 4m, 5m and 6m; Axis 1000 (1150, 1020); Project Cedrus 91 cm carbon mast (68 cm fuse, 440/5000 rear); 9'6" CRUZ Surf foil SUP (152L); Chinook Thrust 92 Paddle -- fixed 78" length; 'prone' longboards on the rack, kites in the garage.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal