Author Topic: New F One Swing?  (Read 12221 times)

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: New F One Swing?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 07:17:11 AM »
On the online magazine WIND there is a complete 3 pages article with pictures of the new F One wing : THE STRIKE.
Does anyone has access on this magazine?

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »
Some images of the new model

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »
' Some interesting panels....

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 04:03:30 PM »
On the online magazine WIND there is a complete 3 pages article with pictures of the new F One wing : THE STRIKE.

I bought the issue via pressreader.com.  I don't read French and the web translator didn't work for me, a workaround was to export in Kindle format and then copy to my phone and have the kindle app translate to English so i could read the article.  Overall interesting to hear about the R&D process.  A detail on the new Strike wing that I gleamed is the handles seem to be much improved and I think they are movable/removable - maybe similar to the BRM cloud wings?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:05:05 PM by clay »
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 01:39:35 AM »
A detail on the new Strike wing that I gleamed is the handles seem to be much improved and I think they are movable/removable

That would be fantastic.  A few refinements and this should be outstanding. 

I scored a little solo session on the 3.5 yesterday.  Pretty great but very gusty.  Made me think how good these wings already are and how well they deal with whatever you throw at them.  Ours are over a year old, used by both of us (a lot) and they are in great shape.  The 3.5 and 4.2 are almost a full quiver for me.  They cover 14 to 30 really well and they are useable outside of that range.  It is too easy and consistent just to use those two so I never end up rigging anything else.  My 5.0 is gathering dust.  If all they do is extend the handles I will buy them again.  If they do stiffen the handles, make them movable / removable, or stiffen the wing, that will be gravy.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 05:39:32 AM »
Some Facebook grabs:

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 07:14:41 AM »
Looks like more dihedral to me. Like Duotone Echo amounts of it.

Not great for teaching. When down on the water floundering, it’s so easy for wind to get under the “up high” wing tip and flip it. Then students complain the wing is flipping over every time they crash.

I really can’t feel any advantage to more dihedral, other than tips being higher above crashing waves trying to get outside the shore break.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 07:43:44 AM »
Yeah, as any former RC glider fan knows, dihedral is always a two-edged sword. In theory it makes a wing self-center as long as the center of mass is under the midpoint. In practice it makes the wing hunt more as evidenced by the Echo and it's balloon-in-a-high-wind wobble when it's not tightly sheeted in. It also tends to make the wing tip in directions you don't necessarily want while it's doing it's best to self-correct for whatever you are trying to make it do.

The F-one V1 has a bit of it, I'm surprised to see more. Obviously there is a reason, and as soon as we get our hands on one of these we'll know more about why. It should help a bit with tip dragging, both by holding the tip a bit higher and by making the consequences of dragging a tip more recoverable. A little shallower angle to the contact with water should be beneficial. I look forward to seeing the thing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:12:29 AM by Admin »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
I miss my old 2.8 and 3.5 Swing.

It was gusting to 42 today in Florida. Those soft Swings handle trashy wind more gently that some of the stiff rigid wings.

My 2.6 and 3.3 Echos felt like trying to ride camber induced race sails. It was a rough.

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »
I was riding on the other coast of FL today in the gulf. 3-4 ft waves with NE winds gusting to 32mph (offshore) I had a blast with my GL210 and Swing 4.2. Damn, 27 miles of pure fun and joy. Swings are the best.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
2.8 over powered in Miami today. Went to 2.5 ensis and was still lit up. Hopefully F1 will make a 1.8 for 2021.

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
I was very well powered on my 2.8 today and definitely want a smaller wing.  The Fone crew is coming through FL this month so maybe they will have something.  Otherwise, the BRM 2 is an option.

VB_Foil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • @foilgraham Insta
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 05:07:14 PM »
2.2m BRM today was a treat. So small! Gusting just over 30 in the mid Atlantic. Wouldn’t have been fun on a larger size. 1.8 would be a good size for nuking conditions!
I’m a 5’9” 65kg rider:

Boards:
   4' 27L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4’5” 34L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4'11" 60L Armstrong Wing/Sup

Foils: Armstrong HA525, HS625, HA725, HA925, HS1050, HA1125, HS1250, HA1325
Wings: BRM 2M & 3M, FreeWing Nitro 4M, OR 5M & 7M Glide

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »
Did dawn patrol today at 6am in Rhode Island before work on my new 5m Duo Unit. 39 degrees with a 5/4 and gloves brrrr. Last weekend I was surfing in my 3/2. Really impressed with the Unit. George of Delta HF got blown off the water on his 3.5 Swing mid-day in 35-48 mph winds. Sun setting at 4:30 pm now. It's going to be a long winter. Wingers going nuts all up and down the eastern seaboard.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:08:09 PM by cnski »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal