Author Topic: Decision On New Inflatable  (Read 1394 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Decision On New Inflatable
« on: September 13, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »

My wife is thinking about getting a new inflatable board. She currently has a generic brand 12’ 6” x 30” inflatable. It’s a decent inflatable, but is older and she got it before the lighter inflatable boards came out, so it is pretty heavy.

For reference, my wife is in decent shape. She is 65 years old, 5’ 2” and maybe 120 pounds. Her hard board, which is her main board, is a 12’ 6” x 27” Bark Contender.

So she is looking for an inflatable that is not too heavy to carry. She wants something that is stable, but less than 30” wide. Because she is smaller in stature I’m thinking 30” is too wide for her. She does find it quite a reach on her current 30” wide inflatable so she would like to go narrower if it’s possible to do so and still have decent stability. Deck bungies would be nice, but not mandatory.

She plans to use it for general touring, things like midnight paddles and to possibly take if we were to travel somewhere.

I’ve done some looking and have kind of narrowed it down to either the Red Race, 12’ 6” x 28” or the Starboard All Star Inflatable, 12’ 6” x 27”.

Kind of leaning towards the Starboard as it has a center handle and deck bungies. I also remember reading a post from someone on this forum that the Red Race 12’ 6” x 26” was very tippy, so not sure how stable the 28” would be?

But I would like to hear from others. Any thoughts on either of these boards? Or any other inflatable boards I’m missing? Thanks.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal