Author Topic: Goddam Sup Foiling is fun  (Read 1238 times)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Goddam Sup Foiling is fun
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 01:01:13 PM »
I guess we're all jonesing for online foil content during that time when we can't go to the beach and we're supposed to be working. 
. . .  So then the guy who seemed to own the lineup for the last several years sees a good set wave and tells me:  "Let's go".  I'm like, no you go ahead - and he says "no I want to see what that thing can do."

I am on the East Coast Connecticut and Rhode Island.  It is FLAT, FLAT, FLAT with regular forecasts of 0.5 - 1.0 ft.  The forecast for tomorrow is JUMPING 2 to 3 feet. GREEN.

So I am the guy from California that surfs 100+ sessions a year at Pillar Point in Half Moon Bay.  I regularly show up with Ruby this summer and we are totally alone surfing 2 to 3 foot waves.  On one particularly small day one of the locals asks "How was it?"  "1 to 2 feet I respond."  He looks at our rental car with Illinois plates, we are in Rhode Island, and says "You drive all the way from Illinois for these crappy 1 to 2 foot waves."  I just laughed.   

On a slightly bigger day I didn't have to film or edit.  A doctor named Ed shot this video and sent it to me.  Classic summertime New England foiling and still SUPER fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUnGSm995U0
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:03:30 PM by Beasho »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Goddam Sup Foiling is fun
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »
Yep, SUP foiling is SUPer fun! Even more fun is taking a really flexible carbon mast out in over head stuff, and trying to turn it out of trouble when need be...YEEF'NHAW!! (Not recommended while wearing clean board shorts...if you want them to be clean in the end) :o :P

Yeah, anything bigger than waist high and you need gear that does EXACTLY what you want it to. I generally avoid that and stick with the re-form junk.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal