Author Topic: Zonoid Surf Session at Cleve's Cove  (Read 3344 times)

supthecreek

Zonoid Surf Session at Cleve's Cove
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:51:43 AM »
As posted jpeter a few days ago, we had a good session on Cape Cod a few days ago with some Zoners.
Waves, weather and company were awesome, so nice to surf with this crew.

My SoloShot follows me, but gets some good footage of other folks as well.
The camera angle was a bit odd cuz it was set-up a few hundred yards up the beach, so people kinda surf through the field of view.

NEsurfSUP managed to avoid the camera pretty well.... usually he gets more camera time than me  ;D

jpeter stayed a little north of the pack, but I got a few clips of him as well.

eddieonasup got some great rides, with a few making it into the camera path

My buddies Tommy and Dave were out as well.
Dave hasn't surfed in 3 years because of the Great White infestation, but he had a blast and is back at it now... very stoked to hear that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEsebsSCOCo

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Zonoid Surf Session at Cleve's Cove
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »
Great video Rick! Amazing conditions.  No prone surfers around is that cause of whitey?
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
Excellent video. Loved the long length of it. Those were awesome small waves to sup surf. When I find waves like that, I never want to quit sup surfing.

BTW, I noticed in the beginning of the video, your Kanga had a 4 fin quad setup. How did you like sup surfing the board using them?

Thanks for taking the time to make the video, edit it with some written info and sharing it.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »
What a great session with friends. You had it all to yourselves  8) Dig the tribal music too. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 08:40:18 AM »
Nice video!  Especially clear on the back foot movement on the wave for any newbies. Something I have yet to make instinctive, but obviously for you, every turn moves the Blackfoot back and forth.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 06:20:04 PM »
Great video Rick! Amazing conditions.  No prone surfers around is that cause of whitey?

No... they just don't want to walk that far  :)

What a great session with friends. You had it all to yourselves  8) Dig the tribal music too. 
Thanks TD, kinda always like that around here.
I surf mostly dawns with NEsurfSUP... just the two of us till 8 am when the proners show up, and they are a friendly crew as well.
[/color]
Excellent video. Loved the long length of it. Those were awesome small waves to sup surf. When I find waves like that, I never want to quit sup surfing.

BTW, I noticed in the beginning of the video, your Kanga had a 4 fin quad setup. How did you like sup surfing the board using them?
I surf my GenRations as Quad only
All set up the same 4.5" fronts, 3.5" rears
They hold when I need them to....
but are super easy to drift when riding small waves, which I like cuz the board will move so easily with no power at all.

Thanks for taking the time to make the video, edit it with some written info and sharing it.
My pleasure Wingman, I am glad you enjoyed it!

Nice video!  Especially clear on the back foot movement on the wave for any newbies. Something I have yet to make instinctive, but obviously for you, every turn moves the Blackfoot back and forth.
Thanks Sean.
I totally understand.....when I see someone do something I like, I will study how they do it, then go out and practice till it till I understand it and it becomes natural.
For the past few weeks I have been altering my weak cutback to replicate "Montana Bob's" sweet tail flick instead of a full rail cutback.
Video soon on the learning process.

I'll start another thread with a vid a lot of people found helpful in moving their back foot

Another nice noon session today, just me and NEsurfSUP  :)

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 03:03:50 AM »
Perhaps, for the Zone, this spot should be called "Mr. Big's backyard".....isn't this the spot where he used one of his nine lives?  I see he is still posting on the Zone (on another thread) from down south, but either he missed this tribute, or doesn't want to be reminded.

It is still a nice break, but a bit finicky.  Need to catch just the right swell size and direction, and the right tide.  And of course avoid Mr. Big's nemesis. 
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 05:55:50 AM »
Pretty slick. Can't believe you guys risked that board swap, what with all those big sharky things up in that neighborhood ;-)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 07:10:58 AM »
Whale Dave, Just saw this. Honered to see  my spot remembered. You and I and Tracy were never fans of the Kodak Reef crowd..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
Cleve's Cove has a good ring to it !    That's been the spot for most of my summer surfs this year.    I think the Cove is moving south,  seems like a longer walk this year.
JP

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
That's some nice clean SS footage there, Creek! Looks like you got it wired, Daddy-O! Nice mellow sesh w/a mellow crew. Rarely more than two or three sup out a once here at my local.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal