Author Topic: Surf, Sun, and Fun  (Read 3340 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Surf, Sun, and Fun
« on: August 30, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
Broke out the GoPro for the first time this summer. Paddle mount felt sketch at first but soon had the groove on. PERFECT beach day here today!
Slide show took a solid two hours to edit proper.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

justsomeguy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Surf, Sun, and Fun
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »
Nice video! ... sharing the stoke with friends is always fun!
Fanatic Allwave LTD 9'4"x33"x173L
NSP Carolina 14'x25.75"x299L
+ a few prone surfboards nobody here cares about :)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
Cookie,

Great slideshow. Thanks for sharing it.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
Great still collection and perfect music Cookie. Was that something you recorded? I'm liking my paddle mounted GoPro perspective the best. I catch all the action better. I need to get a Hero 8. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:35:10 AM »
Cookieman, I like those pictures, they came out great!
Stoke abounds!!

You are skilled with the paddle cam, it offers such a good perspective and a great way to film friends.

Maybe I'll try it again.... but I truly am hopeless.
My shoulders are crap ... plenty strong, but I can't even raise a carbon paddle straight out or up with only one arm, even without tiny Sessions5 on the end!

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
Hey Mark, good pics indeed. Since you had so much fun editing, I've got a  challenge for you.  I've noticed that some surfers are photoshopping out their  extensions that hold their gopros on videos. I think some of those pictures would be super cool If you cutout the paddle.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »
Thanx for the reply's and stoke, Zoners! I was WAY lame not replying on my last coupla posts! Los siento, amigos! Gotta keep my espanol somewhat sharp in case I ever venture back into Latino-land again!  :P

Nice video! ... sharing the stoke with friends is always fun!
Thanx on the "Great" bit. It was definitely alotta work but seems to have paid off. I used the Photo program that is loaded into Widows 10. Not bad for kinda limited editing s/w.

Cookie,Great slideshow. Thanks for sharing it.
You're welcome, Winger. Thanx for checking in. Hope you're getting some down there!

Great still collection and perfect music Cookie. Was that something you recorded? I'm liking my paddle mounted GoPro perspective the best. I catch all the action better. I need to get a Hero 8. 

The music is from the stock collection in the editing s/w, not my stuff. It sure is sweet with those mellow guitars! true, p/m is best pov. Lotta effort though, especially with a somewhat rehabbed shoulder replacement! GoPro8! Would be nice but, CHA-CHING!! And my Old Silver3 and Session5 are still going strong.

Cookieman, I like those pictures, they came out great!
Stoke abounds!! You are skilled with the paddle cam, it offers such a good perspective and a great way to film friends.
Maybe I'll try it again.... but I truly am hopeless.
My shoulders are crap ... plenty strong, but I can't even raise a carbon paddle straight out or up with only one arm, even without tiny Sessions5 on the end!

Thanx, Creeky! They are all frame grabs from the video off the Session5. Bright sunshine and clean surf sure helped! Handling a paddle mount definitely takes some skill for sure. Maybe I'll setup the SS next session and shoot the technique needed to successfully utilize a paddle mount. You hafta takeoff, setup, and quickly flip the paddle into a "selfie" pose/stance. Then keep surfing the wave with that extra long selfie stick out there. Probably looks pretty funny and odd from the beach pov! Sorry about your old shoulder. I remember once a while back you commenting that even turning down a windshield visor was hurting you!

Hey Mark, good pics indeed. Since you had so much fun editing, I've got a  challenge for you.  I've noticed that some surfers are photoshopping out their  extensions that hold their gopros on videos. I think some of those pictures would be super cool If you cutout the paddle.
Thanx, Tom. Hope you are well. Funny you should suggest I edit out the paddle in PS because that's exactly what I did to most of the shots. The clone stamp, blur, and zoom tool are key for doing that. Been doing it for years now! All of the shots viewing other surfers have the paddle handle removed. The ones of me surfing are tougher to remove the paddle because there's way more detail to clone out with the board in frame.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 12:44:23 PM »
Those of the surf babes are cool, but I was thinking more of the selfies of you shredding 8)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »
Great vid.. thanks

river

• Peahi Status
  • @danyak101
    • View Profile
    • Wing Foil and SUP Instruction
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 06:00:02 PM »
That's what it is all about, looks like a boatload of fun, nice!
Wing, Foil & SUP Instruction,Aerial Cinema.
#dreamitsupit rider looking for the magic carpet feeling...

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 11:43:37 PM »
That was a nice tour, thanks.  You have the paddle mount down for sure.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 05:09:47 AM »
Those of the surf babes are cool, but I was thinking more of the selfies of you shredding 8)
lol..Shredding is a stretch! Trimming is more appropriate!

That's what it is all about, looks like a boatload of fun, nice!
"Boatload" is definitely the right word for that 9'11" sup I'm on. Thing is a barge!

Great vid.. thanks
Thanx, DJ. You were definitely the one who got me interested in a GoPro paddle mount when I first joined the Zone. Been a while since we've had a fresh DJ vid!What gives?

That was a nice tour, thanks.  You have the paddle mount down for sure.
Thanx, J. lol...Surfercook Tours! Utilizing a paddle mount ain't no easy feat. WAY easier to sup surf with a naked paddle. I ditched the mount for the last 45 minutes or so of that session. Felt like I was in zero gravity!

Old School 213

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
Nice vid! Good vibes for a Wednesday morning.

Making plans to get my paddle back out... I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal