Author Topic: guys wanna see what the GoFoil NL220 is capable of?  (Read 14612 times)

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: guys wanna see what the GoFoil NL220 is capable of?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 01:05:12 AM »
haha...thanks

beasho...im on a 5'6"x29"×something thick SUP 110L...and the 29.5" mast with the plate adapter comes out to 32.5"total i think...and the 6.5"pedestal and the bigger of the stabilizer with the wingtips...its the 2018 mast so had to cut i think it was 2 cm off the fuselage to make the pedestal fit...easy no problem at all...5 min job max...

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 02:49:49 AM »
Awesome video.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 12:34:48 PM »
Its a pretty damn compelling commercial for the NL wings!  Missing some crucial information like how to get one.  GoFoil website is no help since they don't sell anything and the NL isn't even on there.  GoFoil is getting completely passed up because they don't seem to know how to run an operation - great tech but no marketing, production, or distribution.  Just saying it like I see it.

red_tx

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 01:23:46 PM »
Its a pretty damn compelling commercial for the NL wings!  Missing some crucial information like how to get one.  GoFoil website is no help since they don't sell anything and the NL isn't even on there.  GoFoil is getting completely passed up because they don't seem to know how to run an operation - great tech but no marketing, production, or distribution.  Just saying it like I see it.

+1
Frustrating to see guys with the wings and then its a treasure hunt to find them. Jondrums, I usually call MacKiteboarding https://www.mackiteboarding.com/ and they know when new GF wings and parts are coming. Kind of backwards. I am guessing GF would make more $ if they were able to sell direct rather than through distribution. My thoughts.
-red

VB_Foil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • @foilgraham Insta
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »
Great vid Steamroller!  Has me frothing over here!  Now I want to try the NL wings.
I’m a 5’9” 65kg rider:

Boards:
   4' 27L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4’5” 34L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4'11" 60L Armstrong Wing/Sup

Foils: Armstrong HA525, HS625, HA725, HA925, HS1050, HA1125, HS1250, HA1325
Wings: BRM 2M & 3M, FreeWing Nitro 4M, OR 5M & 7M Glide

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »
i hear you guys and empathize with you ...totally...totally understand why Sanoand others jumped too

if you remember way back when Uliboards had the inflatable board marketcornered ...same thing wss happening...everything was unobtanium...hopefully they can het this sorted out real quick like :o

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 08:47:49 PM »
Dude it’s the perfect mix of a ginsu knife ad, an intro to physics class and a caffeine-fueled TED talk. I mean that as the highest praise.

But seriously, I really loved that you moved fast and packed in the info. Educational stuff can be slower paced. But for marketing, I wanna keep it moving. Well done!

judoChop!

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
rad stuff. thanks.

How does the NL220 compare to both the GL210 and GL240? I have one on order.

I'm a big guy... very big. 6'6".
mostly on the 240, which I like best with the 6.5" pedestal (no shim washer) and 17.5" flip tip flat tail; with either 29.5" or 36.5" mast depending prone surf or wingfoil). I used to ride with one shim washer and the longer pedestal, but it's way more responsive now and pretty much just as stable at speed.
I've had other friends try my setup and they don't go anywhere near as fast as me on it (but they're fast on their own foils) or as turny. It's pretty interesting how being a bit heavier lets you get so much more out of the big wings. Id still rather just be smaller though.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2020, 10:44:36 AM »

+1
Frustrating to see guys with the wings and then its a treasure hunt to find them. Jondrums, I usually call MacKiteboarding https://www.mackiteboarding.com/ and they know when new GF wings and parts are coming. Kind of backwards. I am guessing GF would make more $ if they were able to sell direct rather than through distribution. My thoughts.
-red

GoFoil actually does sell direct as well as through dealers. You just need to call them. You'll probably be speaking to either Karla or Alex. As big as they seem in the foil world, they're a lean, hands-on operation. Both Karla and Alex are great on foils, when I'm in Maui I see them almost every day at Ka'a, so their experience directly relates to the kind of foils they're producing.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

red_tx

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 12:07:58 PM »

+1
-red

GoFoil actually does sell direct as well as through dealers. You just need to call them. You'll probably be speaking to either Karla or Alex. As big as they seem in the foil world, they're a lean, hands-on operation. Both Karla and Alex are great on foils, when I'm in Maui I see them almost every day at Ka'a, so their experience directly relates to the kind of foils they're producing.

My bad pono bill. I stand (up) corrected.  I will call them for my NL then. I just checked the site and they now have the GL series up which is a step in the right direction.

Cant wait for an NL.
-red

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2020, 06:30:14 PM »
you guys wanna see another Carving360?...resolution still kinda bad but at least its not the Surfline Cam anymore...

https://youtu.be/KtfQeK0_rdI

red_tx

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2020, 07:05:52 AM »
you guys wanna see another Carving360?...resolution still kinda bad but at least its not the Surfline Cam anymore...

Steamroller. That move is called the "steamroller", some guy with your name invented it. The trick is to make grunting sounds while you pull it off.

Thanks for the video, love how shallow you are at the end. 
-red

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2020, 12:48:55 PM »
haha if you listen real close can hear me grunting all the way from the beach!...

named it the "YewwwGi!"

J.Riggs

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »
Love that 360 Steamroller!

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »
great move and promo video, well done.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal